Easiest way to get a 5lnb?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cmags

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
am i better off calling D directly or should i call someone like value electronics who gets high praise on this site. i called D a coulple of times and the csr said it would be a $100 to change the dish(i already have the h20) i implied it should be free but got nowhere. should i keep trying or call value electronics and see what they say? thanks in advance.

I called D* about getting the new dish and the CSR I talked to originally said $100 as well. I then told him I already have the H20 and just need the dish and he gave that for free including installation. My installer is supposed to arrive today between 1 and 5. Just tell the CSR there's a problem with your dish and I think you'll have a better shot of them giving it to you at no cost.

My friend just got the AT9 free install yesterday.
He just called the general number and explained that he got an H20 and wanted to get the updated dish.

They where out three days later.

Just say some friends;) of yours got it for free so why not you. If you have been a good customer (pays bills on time, not like 1 or 2 months old) you should get it for free.

I got a free H10 and 3LNB dish when I went HD as the H20 was not available in my DMA at the time. But I made them put a note on my account for a free H20 AT-9 upgrade when they were released. 1 month later I get the new stuff for free. I got to keep the H-10 and use it in the living room!! No HD locals but that's OK for free!

When I did the movers connection I took the AT-9 from the old place for a spare, so glad I did. The main LNB failed on the new AT-9 after 45 days. D* protection plan could not come out for 5 days. I replaced the LNB in 10 minutes and just handed the broke one to the tech for a new one when he showed up to fix it.

I spoke to 4 different csr's and got no where.
I've been a customer since 1995 and pay them $128 month. I mentioned new customers are getting portable dvd machines, 4 receivers etc etc and they are insistent that I pay $99 plus $19.95 shipping for the H-20.
One rep told me they were slowly swapping out costomers for free but not in my area yet and another rep told me they were never going to fully switch everybody over to mpeg4, just the people who have hidef sets.
At this point I'm very close to go with Comcast. Dish is not an option because of line of site.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)