Easter Arc Savannah GA locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stageson

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Rincon, GA
Hey all,

Been lurking for a while, wanted to say hello and to pick your brains. We had been away from dish for just over 4 years and just got hooked up again after moving to the Savannah GA area and dealing with Comcast for about a year. So the installer comes out and says no way you can get the western arc because of trees...I can put you on easter arc, but there are no savannah locals there yet but I was told they should be there any day now. I love the service I have received already through phone and twitter trying to get an answer...maybe some of you can help. They sent out a second tech to see if I can get the one sat the locals are on...no way. He said he was told the same thing about locals coming to the easter arc sats. Anyone know anything about that? For now, I'm using an OTA antenna. Don't get guide info, but I already see there is a thread for that.

Thanks so much and I look forward to sharing much info in the future.

Scott

What kind of receivers were installed? According to Google, Rincon is only 20 miles from Savannah. It may be possible to receive your local channels thru an OTA antenna connected into the receivers(s) which would hold you over til Dish launches the Savannah locals on the Eastern Arc.

But, I emphasis "may be", because with OTA it's always a crap-shoot what kind of signal you'll get.

he is using a OTA antenna...in his post

For now, I'm using an OTA antenna. Don't get guide info, but I already see there is a thread for that.

The reason he isnt getting guide info is because the guide info isnt on Eastern Arc. If he had a dish aimed at 119 he could get guide info

Hey all,

Been lurking for a while, wanted to say hello and to pick your brains. We had been away from dish for just over 4 years and just got hooked up again after moving to the Savannah GA area and dealing with Comcast for about a year. So the installer comes out and says no way you can get the western arc because of trees...I can put you on easter arc, but there are no savannah locals there yet but I was told they should be there any day now. I love the service I have received already through phone and twitter trying to get an answer...maybe some of you can help. They sent out a second tech to see if I can get the one sat the locals are on...no way. He said he was told the same thing about locals coming to the easter arc sats. Anyone know anything about that? For now, I'm using an OTA antenna. Don't get guide info, but I already see there is a thread for that.

Thanks so much and I look forward to sharing much info in the future.

Scott

Do a search with TVFool.com to see what you can get OTA with an antenna. Also you could "move" and then order the Macon, Ga sat signal off 77. For you local stuff you will need the OTA for the national TV shows you could use the dish signal. Were not able to get 119 or just not 129?

Last edited:
he is using a OTA antenna...in his post

For now, I'm using an OTA antenna. Don't get guide info, but I already see there is a thread for that.

The reason he isnt getting guide info is because the guide info isnt on Eastern Arc. If he had a dish aimed at 119 he could get guide info

Glasses ... maybe they aren't overrated.

I am not able to get either 119 or 129. The second tech who came out tried to see if he could get either...it was a no go unless I wanted to put the dish out in the middle of the street. I have checked TVFool and from inside the house, with a Terk powered antenna, I am able to get 9 ota channels, but some days they are better than others, and some of the channels show a high signal in the 70's then drop away to 0, and back up to 70. It must have to do with the trees/distance from the towers, but it only does that on a couple of channels. I may have to go with some kind of outdoor antenna, because I am sick of Comcast.

So from the responses...no one has heard anything about Savannah Locals moving to the eastern arc?

Thanks again everyone,

Scott

Last edited:
most of the markets added last year (when Dish got the ability to finish up all markets) Dish decided what arc to put them on based on transponder space. There may not be any room on an eastern arc transponder (or one that covers the whole area)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)