Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide

Scott - don't want to beat a dead horse BUT

I just got upgraded to an Eastern Arc setup... I have LOS issues with my 110/119 dish where as my 61.5 is clean. That and I was going back to DirecTV as I didn't want dual dishes anymore :)

If they don't come with new cards what will I loose having an Eastern Arc dish now? I have AT250 and HD Pack Platnium I think?

My appoint is this coming Sunday here in the Hartford market.

Also do have the chart which shows what channel is feed from which bird? And lastly with the Eastern Arc setup I won't even benefit from the new Echstar 11 bird huh?

Thanks again

Hey, I have a 1000+ currently, The 1000.4 Quick Facts sheets says that is uses the same mast and foot as the 500+. Best I can tell, the 500+ and 1000+ use the same mast and foot, thus the 1000.4 uses the same mast and foot as the 1000+?

Also, I'm at Latitude: 30.3701° and Longitude: -97.9292°. I have a clear LOS to 61.5/72/77. Is my look angle at my location better with 61.5/72/77 or with 110/119/129? I'd like to decrease rain fade.

I gather you have clear LOS to the set up you have now. Assuming that, the elevation is immaterial.
If you have a d-1000 (small antenna) the, fade is because of the 129 boat anchor and the size of your dish.
The EA dish, 1000.4, is larger and will help alleviate the rain fade issues somewhat.

Scott - don't want to beat a dead horse BUT

I just got upgraded to an Eastern Arc setup... I have LOS issues with my 110/119 dish where as my 61.5 is clean. That and I was going back to DirecTV as I didn't want dual dishes anymore :)

If they don't come with new cards what will I loose having an Eastern Arc dish now? I have AT250 and HD Pack Platnium I think?

My appoint is this coming Sunday here in the Hartford market.

Also do have the chart which shows what channel is feed from which bird? And lastly with the Eastern Arc setup I won't even benefit from the new Echstar 11 bird huh?

Thanks again

Eastern Arc is not available yet, so you were not installed with Eastern Arc.

Sorry...

Here is some Eastern Arc information which was sent to retailers...

Eastern Arc
Overview DISH Network is committed to being the leader in HD programming, and as announced during the August 7th Retailer Chat, Eastern Arc is part of that goal. Eastern Arc is DISH Network’s new satellite orbital constellation (at the 61.5°, 72.7°, and 77° orbital locations) which will create additional bandwidth to help us offer more HD channels, especially HD locals.

Other benefits Eastern Arc will bring include better look angles in many areas of the country, and the ability for DISH Network to have a “total MPEG-4 solution” (which will provide “future-proofing” for new HD customers residing in Eastern Arc DMAs because they are required to be installed with only ViP-Series / MPEG-4 equipment).

Additionally, fewer two-antenna installations will be required – Eastern Arc customers will have the ability to receive both SD and HD programming via one antenna – the new DISH 1000.4. Currently DMAs that fall outside of the 129° footprint or that receive HD locals from 61.5° require two antennas.

· Eastern Arc DMAs Effective August 20, 2008 Eastern Arc will simulcast HD and SD locals, HD and SD core programming, and expanded HD programming at the 61.5°, 72.7°, and 77° orbital locations beginning on August 20, 2008.

Eastern Arc DMAs – Effective August 20, 2008

Baltimore, MD

Cleveland, OH

Charlotte, NC

Chicago, IL

Columbia, SC

Dallas, TX

Detroit, MI

Greenbay, WI

Greensboro, NC

Greenville, SC

Hartford, CT

Knoxville, TN

Minneapolis, MN

Nashville, TN

New York, NY

Philadelphia, PA

Providence, RI

Raleigh, NC

Richmond, VA

Tampa, FL

Washington, D.C.

o Customer Qualifications for Eastern Arc or Western Arc:

Eastern Arc Effective August 20, 2008, new DISH Network customers who subscribe to any HD programming and who reside in one of the Eastern Arc DMAs listed in the table above, need to be installed with an Eastern Arc equipment configuration.

? International Programming New HD Eastern Arc customers wanting International programming broadcast from 118.7° will be installed with both a DISH 1000.4 and a DISH 500+ antenna (with only the 118.7° feed connected on the DISH 500+).

Western Arc At launch, DISH Network customers, including existing subscribers, DishLATINO subscribers, subscribers with no HD programming, and/or who are NOT residing in one of the Eastern Arc DMAs listed in the table above, will continue to be installed with a “Western Arc” equipment configuration. Please note that the 110° / 119° / 129° orbital constellation will now be named “Western Arc.”

· Eastern Arc Equipment – With Eastern Arc adding two more orbital locations (72.7° and 77°) to DISH Network’s satellite constellation, new Eastern Arc subscribers will need specific equipment to see all three Eastern Arc orbital locations (61.5° / 72.7° / 77°).

o Receivers – “Eastern Arc-compatible” receivers must be MPEG-4 (models listed below) and must have the new G3 “Smart Card” encryption. Eastern Arc satellites will be broadcasting SD core programming in G3-encryption only, so customers with an Eastern Arc solution will need receivers that have the new G3 Smart Card encryption to view any SD core programming to which they may subscribe.
ViP211TM
ViP222TM
ViP612TM DVR
ViP622TM DVR
ViP722TM DVR

o Antenna – The standard Eastern Arc antenna is the DISH 1000.4 Antenna – This new antenna will be the standard for Eastern Arc. It is slightly larger than DISH 1000.2, has great new peaking features, and allows for rough peak followed by fine tuning of azimuth and elevation to maximize signal.

Eastern Arc Compatible Receivers Job Aid – The DISH 1000.4 is only for use with receivers marked with a logo of the letter “A” inside a circle on the box’s Content and Features label – these include the correct G3 Smart Card. Please refer to the “Eastern Arc Compatible Receivers” Job Aid that is posted to the Retailer Care Site in the Info Center > Retailer Services and Business Tools > Eastern Arc, for specific part numbers of the Eastern Arc-compatible receiver models and other information.

New DISH Pro Plus 1000.4 LNBF
? Capability to see all three Eastern Arc orbital locations (61.5°, 72.7°, and 77°).
? Has three DISH Pro Plus-capable receiver outputs – may be connected to a dual-tuner receiver with a DPP separator for a single-cable connection.
? Has one LNB In port for reception from a fourth orbital location.

· · Certain Eastern Arc Benefits for Retailers
o Provides greater bandwidth for DISH Network to carry additional HD channels More HD locals help attract additional customers.
o Easier and more successful installs with better look angles.
o Fewer two-antenna installations needed – Receive SD and HD programming via one antenna. (Markets outside of the 129° footprint or receiving HD Locals from 61.5° today require two-antenna installations).
o Retailer Incentives for activations will not change due to Eastern Arc –
o R*Connect will indicate whether you should install Western Arc equipment or Eastern Arc equipment.

Ahh here is a good one that was just sent to me, it really explains what Eastern Arc is and how it all works.

This is a very good read.

Attachments

• EA_JOB_AID.pdf
    593.6 KB · Views: 4,162
Do you need to be in a ZIP CODE from the above mentioned cities in order to purchase the equipment for the Eastern Arc setup?

I currently have a Dish NOW!/YA! prepaid setup, so I actually don't have an account with Dish.

They do not have my name, address, Credit Card, SS#, etc...

The only thing they would even have on file is the Receiver # for the prepaid card/greenmoney pak use for uploading prepaid programming.

So, if this is the case, I would be considered a "New" customer since, theoretically, I do not exist

I want as little to do with them as possible.

I am quite handy at setting up/installing my own Dish.

But do I have to live in one of the above areas(zip code placement for locals) in order to buy the equipment I want?

I want to:

1. Buy a New ViP222 w/new smartcard for a 2-room installation(1 HDTV and 1 SDTV)
2. Buy the New Dish 1000.4 for the Eastern ARC reception. No LOS issues for me
3. Install it myself. Again, I am quite handy, and after downloading and reading the instructions, does not look that difficult.
4. Order 1 of the Standalone TURBO HD packages only. NO LOCALS. I get my locals(actually about 10 HD locals I could not get signing up with Dish for locals)using an outdoor antenna. Most likely the Turbo HD Silver at the minimum.
5. NO CONTRACTS WITH DISH. I will own the equipment and stop and start as I see fit.

Can all this be allowed with the new Eastern ARC.

Can one buy the neccesary equipment from a local satellite dealer, and do the install/setup themselves without any interference?(this is my most pressing issue).

Thanx in advance.

Yes you can, but right now EA is going to be using a new smart card, so you would have to get one for your receiver. In a few months all the receivers should have them.

You can pay or prepay with cash at many check cashing places if you desire. You do not have to do a commitment.

Seems kind of short sighted to NOT have the latino programming on the eastern arc as well as the western arc. It would mean less installs of various kinds. It should be simple to decide if you are in the eastern arc dma that you would get the 1000.4 sat dish for everything . Instead you have to have a western arc 1000.2 sat dish + a side sat dish for what ever sat your locals are in if you want hd eastern arc service and latino programming. Imagine what you would need if you wanted eastern arc hd/ locals+ latino+international channels as well. As usual DISH created a mess for installers . It should of been simple to either add eastern or western arc and just add the 118 sat for internationals. I can't imagine why they couldn't of added latino channels to either 77 or 72.7 sat for the eastern arc too.

Eastern Arc is not available yet, so you were not installed with Eastern Arc.

Sorry...

you are correct - I didn't have it occur yet was scheduled for this upcoming sunday. BUT when I called back to ask about new access cards I was told well you are no longer being upgraded as it was an error. I was cool with it as I requested to be discounted on Sept 1st. my 110/119 gets some really bad rain fade and wind fade as a tree near the slot blows in the way :-( so i'm either going back to CableVision or DirecTV

my 110/119 gets some really bad rain fade and wind fade as a tree near the slot blows in the way :-( so i'm either going back to CableVision or DirecTV
either you do low signal strength, or no line of site, 5 degrees of clearance or more. unless you live in an area that gets really heavy rains, if the installer installed it right you shouldnt get that much loss when it rains.
also, i just noticed the last part.

cut down the tree, problem half solved

Last edited:
either you do low signal strength, or no line of site, 5 degrees of clearance or more. unless you live in an area that gets really heavy rains, if the installer installed it right you shouldnt get that much loss when it rains.
also, i just noticed the last part.

cut down the tree, problem half solved

lol

not my tree :) we did cut down a few tree's to get DirecTV to work but switched to Dish for all local HD; which DirecTV now as has in my area as well. I am thinking about just going back to cablevision :-(

I have the HD Absolute package with Brazilian channels for my wife. I currently get the Brazilian channels from 61.5, but according to that PDF internationals will be coming from 118.7 in the future. Will I need some type of equipment change to keep getting the Brazilian channels?

Reason I'm asking is because I live in Indianapolis, but have "moved" to Atlanta to get the big four networks in HD. Is Dish going to be trying to send a technician out to my service address to change my dish for the internationals?

I didn't know you can prepay. How do you sighn up for that and does directv do that too.

You do not have to sign up. Just take your bill down to a check cashing place that does bill pay and pay whatever extra you want to pay (these type places do utility bills, cable bills, etc). Dish will just put a credit on your account and deduct your bill from the credit until it runs out. When it runs out they will simply mail you a bill again. You will not get bills while you have a credit, but you can check the status of your account online if you sign up at dishnetwork.com. If you pay more than $300 in advance Dish will probably call you to verify that you meant to do this. They put a note on my account a few years ago and they do not call any more.

The local bill pay place here charges $1.50 for the payment. It does not matter the size of the payment. I usually pay 6 months in advance and you just pay the fee once. It will show up on your Dish account in about 3 days. It is possible to pay a larger fee at places listed on dishnetwork.com to get the credit in an hour or two to turn back on service or get a PPV.

DIRECTV could have this service, I am not sure.

Internationals on 61.5 moving ?

I have the HD Absolute package with Brazilian channels for my wife. I currently get the Brazilian channels from 61.5, but according to that PDF internationals will be coming from 118.7 in the future. Will I need some type of equipment change to keep getting the Brazilian channels?

Reason I'm asking is because I live in Indianapolis, but have "moved" to Atlanta to get the big four networks in HD. Is Dish going to be trying to send a technician out to my service address to change my dish for the internationals?

I also have the Arabic package that I'm getting from 61.5.

I don't believe the internationals on 61.5 are moving.

Scott, is that correct?

Thanks,

Bob

I'm scheduled to be installed this Saturday, the current order is for a 1000.2 and 722, but they told me to call on the 20th if I wanted to go on EA, as the part number or whatever for the 1000.4 dish wasn't in their system yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts