Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Once again SatelliteGuys.US is proud to give you a head start look at the upcoming 1000.4 Dish which we have been calling the "Eastern Arc" dish. :)

Attached is the official installation manual and a fact sheet which tells you more about The Eastern Arc Dish.

*** REMEMBER AT LAUNCH EASTERN ARC PROGRAMMING WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE TO NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY AS IT REQUIRES A NEW 3G SMARTCARD TO FUNCTION, EA WILL BE AVAILABLE TO EXISTING CUSTOMERS AT A LATER TIME ***

CLICK HERE FOR THE EASTERN ARC DISH INSTALLATION MANUAL

Attachments

• Quick_Facts_-_DISH_1000.4.pdf
    715.4 KB · Views: 7,524
sd/hd?

When this goes live on the 20th, if i have a 722 already setup at my office, will i be able to test this new dish out and pickup my SD & HD both, Im hoping this will give us a 2nd chance on no line of sights for the 119/110 side of things?

How old is your 722? It needs to have the new security card to tune into the EA content.

Again like I stated above this is currently meant for new customers. :)

Scott do you have any idea how long before it will be available to existing customers? Are we looking at a couple months or will it be more like 6 months to a year or God forbid longer. And please no one answer with the infamous it will be available to existing subs "SOON"

I've installed about 5 Absolute (ALL HD ) systems to customers who could only get 61.5 because of (LOS) issues. I hope to be able to install eastern arc dishes at some point for them, so they can get more programming. Also Eastern Arc systems will help keep me in business this winter, because of high elevation satellites in Maine. I hope its available to everyone ASAP. My Distributor will be have the Eastern Arc Dishes available soon, but they will not do me any good if I don't have access to G3 cards, & DISH Networks permision to activate them.

I 'll tell E* I'm buying the Dish and I'm installing it myself ,and see what they can do. It will save them money and time if I do it myself. RIGHT?

It wont do you any good until your receivers have the new Smartcard. Also remember that Eastern Arc will only work on MPEG4 receivers.

Scott do you have any idea how long before it will be available to existing customers? Are we looking at a couple months or will it be more like 6 months to a year or God forbid longer. And please no one answer with the infamous it will be available to existing subs "SOON"
The date I keep hearing is February... however you might be able to do it unoffically before then, againt he key is the new security card.

Scott, I wonder if it would work for present customers that have 61.5. Replace old antenna with the new 1000.4 dish and just use the 61.5 LNB.

Thats all I have is a 622 and a 612. If the New customers receivers can have the new smartcard ,why can't I? Isn't it just an Update, since I don't even see a card in my receiver?

No, it is not an update. It will be an actual card that you put in the slot in the front of the receiver.

Dumb question: first off, I am in the "Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA" area.

When our locals ever get HD (they keep saying soon, then delay it again) will I need this new dish to pick up my new HD locals, or will those my locals be on a different dish? I currently have a dish 500 at the regular 110*, etc and a second dish 500 pointed at 61.5*

So will I need the new dish/smart card for my 722? If so, how much will it cost, or would dish upgrade me for free?

Thanks to anyone that could help me out in answering this!

-Scott

Thats all I have is a 622 and a 612. If the New customers receivers can have the new smartcard ,why can't I? Isn't it just an Update, since I don't even see a card in my receiver?

The new smartcards are just starting to go out to existing customers. This rollout of the next security system will finish early next year.

When will you get your new cards? Its anyones guess.

Scott, I wonder if it would work for present customers that have 61.5. Replace old antenna with the new 1000.4 dish and just use the 61.5 LNB.

Yes and no.. You would still get everything from 61.5 but not the other channels coming off of 72.5 and 77 as you need the new smart card to tune into those channels.

So will I need the new dish/smart card for my 722? If so, how much will it cost, or would dish upgrade me for free?
The new smartcards will be provided free. However don't expect Dish to upgrade you to an Eastern Arc Dish for free, because they are not going to.

If your current setup is working for you then there is no reason for them to spend money on an upgrade thats not going to give you more then you have now.

If your current setup is working for you then there is no reason for them to spend money on an upgrade thats not going to give you more then you have now.
That statement needs to be emphasized and will no doubt be repeated over and over and over for many months. So long as 61.5/110/119/129 exist, current customers do not need anything related to Eastern Arc. They may want this setup, but Dish has no reason or obligation to switch people over, even down to providing them a new smart card. They could do something as simple as not provide the mechanism in their systems to allow current customers to switch or add the new, req'd smart card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts