Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide

OK, I'm thoroughly confused about Austin.

If our locals are at 61.5, why aren't we in the EA group?

Are we likely to be EA enabled soon?

Is there any chance that they will move us to WA instead of EA??

The new smartcards are just starting to go out to existing customers. This rollout of the next security system will finish early next year.

When will you get your new cards? Its anyones guess.

Will the new cards be going out through the mail or will it require a service call?
That could cause some problem for "movers".

OK, I'm thoroughly confused about Austin.

If our locals are at 61.5, why aren't we in the EA group?

Are we likely to be EA enabled soon?

Is there any chance that they will move us to WA instead of EA??

Lots of locals on 61.5 that are not part of the rollout on the 20th.

Real answer for that is there is not enough Dishes for all the areas yet and thus why only 21. :)

It seems likely that there are not enough 1000.4 dishes currently even for new subscribers, hence the restriction only to certain cities.

So, people's assumption that they will be able to buy a 1000.4 dish retail by itself anytime soon, is probably a false assumption...

This is the answer to my tailgate HD problem. I need a one dish solution and 1000.2 uses 129 and I'm on the east coast.

That is not the case, Hartford locals in SD are on 110 and are we are one of the initial EA cities. (Our HD is on 61.5)
The Hartford SD locals have been uplink listed on Tp 1S16 at 61.5 for some time now. "Carry one carry all" will apply to EA launch. :)

The big 4/5 are only in HD. That is why all MPEG4 receivers will be capable of down-converting HD to SD as a minimum.

Last edited:
Just curious, but why can't you wait ? What will you gain ?

1. Hopefully a better picture quality.
2. No need for 2 dishes.
3. Never having to use that crappy 129 for HD, which here in the south has numberous dropouts, one good cloud and the signal is gone.
4. All mpeg4 hopefully means less space on my DVR and External drive.
5. Better line of sight angles as well.

Hope this helps.

1) The EA SD channels are LOWER resolution than the SD MPEG2 channels. The EA SD channels are 480x480 resolution right now. The MPEG 2 ones are 480x5*cough*0. :) Don't know the exact number. :) I think 520?

3&5)HD at 61.5° is available to all subscribers now.

See ya
Tony

That is not the case, Hartford locals in SD are on 110 and are we are one of the initial EA cities. (Our HD is on 61.5)

Scott,

Hartford "minor" locals are at 61.5° in SD MPEG4 right now, but not available to subscribers.

WTXX TV 20 (CW) Waterbury (MPEG 4) WTXX 7384 1s16 61.5° E*12 (1)
WCTX TV 59 (MyTV) New Haven WCTX 7385 3s13 119° E*7
WCTX TV 59 (MyTV) New Haven (MPEG 4) WCTX 7385 1s16 61.5° E*12 (1)
WEDH TV 24 (PBS) WEDH 7386 3s13 119° E*7
WEDH TV 24 (PBS) (MPEG 4) WEDH 7386 1s16 61.5° E*12 (1)
WUVN TV 18 (Univision) WUVN 7387 3s13 119° E*7
WUVN TV 18 (Univision) (MPEG 4) WUVN 7387 1s16 61.5° E*12 (1)
WHCT LP 38 (Azteca) WHCT 7388 3s13 119° E*7
WHCT LP 38 (Azteca) (MPEG 4) WHCT 7388 1s16 61.5° E*12 (1)

It happened on April 22. 2008.

EKB: Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)
EKB: 2008 Changes to the Dish Channel Chart

As you know the HD major locals are at 61.5° and already available

BTW to those that don't know, The EKB moved off of DBSTalk to its own shared server. Those that were staying away because they didn't want to go to the "other place" need not worry about that any more. dishuser.org is the new home site.

See ya
Tony

If I am understanding this correctly then in the Hartford area where I live, it will be beneficial to go with EA rather than have both dishes . . . of course I have to wait because I am not special; I am only an old customer, not a a new one . . . in either case, I am sure the condo neighbors would prefer I had 1 dish :)

Yes. This is correct. As long as you have MPEG4 receivers and get the new security cards, you can go over to EA and only use the single dish and have a much higher look-angle than you do now.

See ya
Tony

The whole idea of Eastern Arc is intriguing, but, honestly, is it something I'm going to need?

Right now I live in Southeast PA and really don't have any problems with drop-outs. I've got 2 Dish 500's which are well hidden in the back of the house, so aesthetics aren't a problem, either.

I'm just wondering if there's going to be any sort of quality increase that would make me want EA, or if it's just appealing because it's the new kid on the block?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)