Eastern Arc Problem! Please Help.

jrcorado

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Maryland USA
I have a serious problem that I need to solve for some Dish Network customers.

Years ago I installed a three individual satellite dishes for a condominium building pointing at 119, 110 and 61.5. The unit owners did not want multiple dishes on the roof so they decided to share this type of set up using DPP44 switches.

However when Dish Network released the Eastern Arc the Condo owners did not want a second set of dishes pointing at the new satellites installed for new clients so I continued to hook up new clients to the old set up.

My question is; If I want to replace the Dishes on the roof with the Eastern Arc Dish will the clients that don't have the new MPEG4 receivers need to upgrade their receivers?

Thanks in advance for any information and or advice

Thanks, now I have another question. Can a customer upgrade their equipment fairly easily by just calling Dish Network and if yes is there a cost involved?

Upgrade fees will vary from cust to cust depending what recs they have, what they want to upgrade to and what promos they are eligible for.

If the HD locals in your area are on 61.5, you can just replace that dish with a 1k.4 and run 61.5 and 72.7 into the DPP44

If they are on 77, you will have to separate the building into 2 systems, 110/119 for non -HD cust and 1k.4 for HD cust because I doubt every cust will upgrade, especially at the same time

I have a serious problem that I need to solve for some Dish Network customers.

Years ago I installed a three individual satellite dishes for a condominium building pointing at 119, 110 and 61.5. The unit owners did not want multiple dishes on the roof so they decided to share this type of set up using DPP44 switches.

However when Dish Network released the Eastern Arc the Condo owners did not want a second set of dishes pointing at the new satellites installed for new clients so I continued to hook up new clients to the old set up.

My question is; If I want to replace the Dishes on the roof with the Eastern Arc Dish will the clients that don't have the new MPEG4 receivers need to upgrade their receivers?

Thanks in advance for any information and or advice

Replace the 61.5 with a 1000.4 use the 61.5 and the 72 feed from the 1000.4 combine it with the 110 and 119 feeds. No receivers will need to be upgraded, those with VIP receivers will have access to all HD broadcasting and for others the system will appear exactly as it was. You already have the DPP44s in place and you won't increase the dish count.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts