Eastern Arc Problem

dbonney

Original poster
May 29, 2008
This past weekend, I had a problem with one of the receivers in my RV. Where the RV is located, I could not get the 110, 119, or 129 satellite and therefore, I used the Winegard Trav'ler automatic dish to lock into the 72 satellite. This actually allowed me to view the 72, 77 and 61.5 satellites. This worked for two weeks.

Then last weekend, I started having a problem with one of the receivers. They are both Vip 211k receivers, The one was locking onto satellite 82 (which is Bell Express Vue programming. This occurred even though a check switch revieled it was locked onto 72 and 61.5.

I called Dishnetwork Technical support and they tried to have me download new software L256 (L255 was on receiver). The receiver would not download the new software. They tried other solutions, including two different hard resets with no luck. I kept receiving satellite 82 with Express Vue programming. This went on for many hours, then, they finally decided I needed a new receiver. I disconnect the receiver and brought it home, where they were sending my replacement.

Now here is where it gets weird. When I got home, I hooked it up to my eastern arc antenna at home and it locks on all three easter arc satellites and also downloads the new software. No problem. I have a new received on the way here from dish. Do I cancel? Anyone ever here of tghis problem before? How could only one receiver on thesame antenna have the problem? How could a dish customer lock onto a Express Vue Satellite?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)