VIP 722 output to HDMI and Component+RCA at the same time?

joshg

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Texas
Is it possible to output from the VIP 722 receiver's "TV1" HDMI and Component outputs to 2 different HDTVs? I've tried searching both here and Google, as well as looking through the owner's manual but I can't find the answer. Wondering if maybe someone who has done this, or currently has a 722 with more than one display device might be able to help fill me in?

I am wanting to run both my bedroom and living room off of the same 722 receiver. I have HDMI run to the living room, and hope to run component + RCA audio to the bedroom.

It's not really an issue that both sets would have to watch the same programming either -- we will either be in the living room, or in the bedroom. No need for separate viewing.

Can anyone help!? :)

Wow thanks for the quick response. So another question then -- what if the 2 TVs don't support the same maximum resolution? I guess a better question -- what is the highest resolution that the 722 will output? I think even if I tried to input 720p into my older TV it will still downconvert it but I'm not 100% certain...

my bedroom tv hooked up by componeent will display 1080p at the same time as the livingroom tv hooked up by hdmi so it just depends on what the second tv will accept

1080p is also only available over HDMI output.

All component is limited to 720p, 1080i or 480p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts