eastern arc questions

ctownnerd

Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Hello, all. First time poster; I have some technical knowledge.

We just got Dish Network installed last week; getting services through AT&T(supposedly saved $5/month.) I made sure to get all hi-def boxes (vip722 and vip 222) so we can get the Eastern Arc setup (i live in the 'burbs of Cleveland, OH.)

The eastern arc dish and LNB is up. That part's OK.

If I go into system information on the '222, i get a red X under the 72* box, and a green box under the 62.5. I'm assuming that has to do with the fact that there's no satellite broadcasting there. The message says "ERROR! Check 'details' for information," which says "Check for bad weather conditions, etc.."

On the day after this was installed, it was raining. I went into the "System Information" screen, it read 'error,' and said 'LNB drift." Was it just because it was raining? (not storming; just raining,) or is there an underlying problem?

For the past two days, the 222 box has said "Press select to continue" rather than showing nothing on the channel 3/4 output. I press select on the remote and on the box, and nothing happens; I have to reset the unit. I understand that the updates run at 3:00AM, but why would it freeze?

EDIT:
Are all the interactive tv services supposed to be up on the Eastern Arc? I only get the weather channel, customer support, and monopoly.

I don't get interactive TV prompts (correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the weather channel supposed to show something on screen to prompt you to load the weather channel interactive app?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)