DTVPal Digital-to-Analog Converter is Now Available

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Dish Network has just announced that its new DTVPal is now available.

Industry favorite DTVPAL™ DIGITAL-TO-ANALOG CONVERTER BOXES from Dish Network NOW AVAILABLE

CNET’s Top Choice for Digital Converter Boxes*

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – June 26, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), the digital transition leader, today announced that its DTVPal™ digital-to-analog converter box is available for purchase nationwide at DTVPAL.COM or by calling 1-888-638-9912.

The DTVPal qualifies for the National Telecommunications and Information Administration’s TV Converter Box Coupon Program; coupons may be ordered by visiting www.dtv2009.gov. Consumers can purchase the converter box for $19.99 after the $40 government coupon is applied; MSRP for the DTVPal is $59.99.

The DTVPal by DISH Network was deemed a “top choice” by CNET, and is the only converter box that comes with a nationwide customer care and service network to facilitate installation, including knowledgeable, multilingual agents and technicians trained in the digital transition.

“The DTVPal is supported by a trusted and respected national brand – DISH Network – and is without question one of the best and most affordable converter boxes on the market today,” said Tom Stingley, executive vice president of Sales and Distribution for DISH Network. “As a leader in all-digital television for more than 12 years, we understand the benefits of digital TV, and we are committed to providing solutions for consumers affected by the upcoming transition so they may continue to enjoy their favorite TV programming.”

The feature-rich DTVPal is one way for consumers to experience DISH Network’s industry-leading and award-winning technology at an attractive price. The DTVPal is only one of a few converter boxes that includes a unique analog pass-through feature, which means it can take both analog and digital signals – ideal for all consumers, as many stations are low-power and are not required to switch to digital broadcasts by 2009.

Additional components include an easy-to-follow setup wizard, a best in class* electronic program guide with up to seven days of program listings, parental controls, program search, auto tune timers for program recording on a connected VCR, closed caption support, a remote control, and signal strength screen pop-ups that can troubleshoot lost signals.

Consumers can also prepare for the digital transition by subscribing to pay television. DISH Network offers the best value in entertainment with the lowest all-digital price every day, along with unmatched technology and award-winning customer service that has surpassed major cable TV providers for the past eight years. For as little as $19.99 per month (additional $5 for local channels), DISH Network customers can subscribe to the DishFAMILY package and receive over 40 popular channels, plus free installation and activation.

Last edited by a moderator:
May be problems with web site. It will say you don't owe anything and then say you owe it all with no credit for coupon on the final confirmation page.
----

Heh, it says they owe ME $80. Not bad deal at all... (obviously a glitch)

did the same for me---- BUT--- when I got to the next pages for my order process- it did not have the coupon minus on there at all and had I confirmed the order at that point would have paid full retail and shipping- so didn't confirm and didn't order.

If you don't look up at the calc box in the last pages there may be a problem??

Just ordered mine.......
Thank you for your DTVPal order. Your unit(s) will be shipped within 7-10 business days and arrive via UPS Ground. If you have questions about your order, please call 1-888-638-9912
$ 17.90 shipping for the two units is a little excessive though....

No word yet on when the TR50 will be out. Anybody want to guess September, then November?

This is what I was waiting for. Too bad my coupons already expired. Now I have to wait and see if they change the program to reissue expired coupons.

I called the toll free number because I got the same error that another member got about the DishNetwork service at that address. It took me 3 attempts and 45 minutes to get my order in, but when I did, there was no mention of any extra charge whatsoever. The CSR never took a credit card number and made no mention of billing the remaining amount to my Dishnetwork account. I used two $40 coupons and purchased two boxes. I'm not sure, but I think I got them completely free. I also saw a reference to another thread on this site indicating that this may be the case with the first two boxes you order. I guess i'll see when I get my next dishnetwork bill if they were really free.

It's also worth noting that I also experinced the same problem mentioned above regarding the need to setup an appointment and have an installer deliver the boxes. That was only on the 2nd failed attempt. My 3rd and successful attempt was with a lady that had no problem shippping the units.

My first two attempts failed becuase I was disconnected when the CSR put me on hold.

My coupons were set to expire on 6/24 so I ordered the "Artec T3A Pro" from bsat.com, the price before coupon was $40.99 ea, or .99 each after coupon, plus shipping. Total shipped price was (I believe) $18.70; yeah, the shipping was a little high. I haven't receieved the units yet, website said to allow 10 days for shipping. https://dtv.bsat.net/default.aspx
I'm gonna give my units to a non-profit agency that has a number of tv's without digital tuners, they get their signal ota with rabbit ears. I found I could use the antennas from Dollar Tree and they could tune most of the locals in.

My Order Experience

I also ordered 2 of the DTVPal converter boxes using the dish network number. It took 40 minutes to place the order. An automated message asked me if I was a DISH network subscriber. I answered yes. I then listened to a recording that told me that I would not need the box if I had all of my TV's hooked up to satellite and subscribed to locals. Eventually, I got to a person. She asked me for the coupon information. It appeared that her computer was having trouble verifying the coupon information. She kept apologizing and we exchanged the coupon information a total of 8 times. Several times, I waited while she rebooted her computer. Finally, she was able to get her system to recognize my 2 coupons. She already had all of my information because she confirmed my correct address and e-mail address without my giving them to her. I was surprised that she did not take any credit card information. I asked her about that, and she said that the charges would be billed to my DISH network account. The unit should arrive in 7 to 10 business days. I felt sorry for the DISH network clerk because it appears that their computers are having problems verifying the goverment coupons. She was very polite and kept apologizing for the delays and asked me to continue to hold.

Lurker look on the DTV web site there is a appeal process for expired coupons you maybe able to get them replaced due to the slow roll out of converter boxes.

I called the toll free number because I got the same error that another member got about the DishNetwork service at that address. It took me 3 attempts and 45 minutes to get my order in, but when I did, there was no mention of any extra charge whatsoever. The CSR never took a credit card number and made no mention of billing the remaining amount to my Dishnetwork account. I used two $40 coupons and purchased two boxes. I'm not sure, but I think I got them completely free. I also saw a reference to another thread on this site indicating that this may be the case with the first two boxes you order. I guess i'll see when I get my next dishnetwork bill if they were really free.

It's also worth noting that I also experinced the same problem mentioned above regarding the need to setup an appointment and have an installer deliver the boxes. That was only on the 2nd failed attempt. My 3rd and successful attempt was with a lady that had no problem shippping the units.

My first two attempts failed becuase I was disconnected when the CSR put me on hold.

Im having the same issue here.. It shouldnt matter if I was a past Dish Customer in ordering this damm box. I have been on hold for over 10 min now and no coustomer service rep. Way to go dish! Now there trying to sell me dish network service. I dont want dish network service.. I want The DTV pal box. :mad:

Attachments

• DTV PAL CAPTURE.JPG
    DTV PAL CAPTURE.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 213
A security warning for those of you that order on that site - according to my Internet Explorer, the order page for the dtvpal.com is not a secure one which means your credit card info is being transmitted unencrypted.

Lurker look on the DTV web site there is a appeal process for expired coupons you maybe able to get them replaced due to the slow roll out of converter boxes.

I filed an appeal and received the following message.

TV Converter Box Coupon Program - Appeal Decision

Dear Consumer:

This email is in response to your appeal of the denial of your coupon application. We have reviewed the information you provided in your appeal and all applications submitted for your household. Your duplicate application is still denied, because your household has already been approved for two coupons.

Another resident in your household or a relative may have already applied for coupons for your household. Or, you may have experienced a technical difficulty with our system and were unsure if your original application was successfully submitted. You may also have already been approved, but have not yet received your coupons, and were concerned about when they would be delivered.

Program rules prevent us from mailing coupons for multiple households to a single address. While we understand that many conditions may require that you apply at your address for someone else’s household, we can only mail two coupons to the address you have provided. Even if you have more than two TVs, we cannot approve more than two coupons for your address.

The household address provided on your application will be receiving two coupons.

We began mailing Coupons in late February. Coupons are being sent based on the date of application, in the order in which the application was received. They are being mailed on a staggered basis, not all at once. Additional information regarding the mailing of coupons can be found on our website at https://www.dtv2009.gov/CheckStatus.aspx.

Program information is available on the website at www.DTV2009.gov.

Sincerely,

Consumer Support Center
TV Converter Box Coupon Program​

So I'm on with the CSR, I keep asking what the DTV Pal has to do with my old account and they cant answer it. They are trying to reinstate the equipment on my dish network account instead of ordering the DTV pal for me. This lady is all rude too because, when I ask what it has to do with my dish network account from the past, she abruptly puts me on hold. I was being nice about it too.

Now, Im back off of hold she asks me if I want only the DTv PAL OR If I want Dish Network. Now going through the ordering Process. Just told her I have two coupons and now im on hold again. Now taking Coupons.. Now on hold again. At this point I have been on the phone for 30 min.

Over all dish needs to cut this crap out about reselling dish network to DTV Pal coustomers. Its like they have trained their CSR's to sell you dish instead of taking DTV Pal Orders. By the sound of it I think this was this perticular's CSR's first order for this as I had to ask if she even knew what the DTV Pal was. I was put on hold immedatly. Come on dish!

Ok so were done.. A few things that I have to SCOLD dish on. 1. STOP SELLING ME DISH I DONT WANT IT. 2. TRAIN YOUR DAMM CSRS PRIOR TO PRODUCT LAUNCH SO THEY HAVE A CLUE WHAT THE HECK I WANT AND WHAT THE DTV PAL IS!

For some reason there also was an RMA issued. For what equipment I would like to know as I dont have any dish equipment to RMA. I dont understand why they are account linking for the DTV pal but it has to stop!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)