Eastern Arc Satellite HD picture qualitiy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

carljam

Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
chambersburg, pa
I live in Southern Pa. Just replaced a two dish system with a single Eastern Arc satellite because I wasn't getting all the channels I was supposed to in HD. I get dish 200 package and Hd platinum. After the changeover the hd is not as sharp or clear as the two satellite setup. Tech said I had a 72 signal which was fine. However, I know the picture is not as sharp. Main set is Samsung 52 in LCD, with VIP 612 DVR. Have checked all connections and tv and receiver set to 10801. Is this common? What are my remedies?

I noticed no change at all on HD viewed on my 722, nor on my 612. I went from the hybrid 110/119/61.5 two-dish setup to EA. If you had the same hybrid setup, note that the signal coming off 61.5 is the same for us, before and after EA dish installation. A few channels were coming off 110 or 119, and those are now coming off 72.7. But even that difference was transparent, because (I thought) the data stream was the same.

Can you give any examples of channels you thought were clearer before EA installation? If they are coming off 61.5, then I think you're seeing things that aren't really there..

Fox news (205) is not as sharp. Home and Garden network not as sharp. All hd channels seem to have lost some of their crispness especially around the edges. The picture also looks like it is muted somewhat and the colors are not as bright. It just appears that the signal is not as sharp and crisp.

I have an eastern arc dish and a western arc dish at my house.. 722 on WA and 622 on EA.. Can't see any difference when I switch between the two.. But I do suspect the compression is different between the two sets of Satellites.

I live in Southern Pa. Just replaced a two dish system with a single Eastern Arc satellite because I wasn't getting all the channels I was supposed to in HD. I get dish 200 package and Hd platinum. After the changeover the hd is not as sharp or clear as the two satellite setup. Tech said I had a 72 signal which was fine. However, I know the picture is not as sharp. Main set is Samsung 52 in LCD, with VIP 612 DVR. Have checked all connections and tv and receiver set to 10801. Is this common? What are my remedies?
did u have 61.5 before? Eastern arc uses the same 61.5

Fox news (205) is not as sharp.

Home and Garden network not as sharp.

All hd channels seem to have lost some of their crispness especially around the edges.
Most HD channels are on 61.5, including locals on spotbeam. You haven't confessed what "two dish" setup you had before, but I'll bet one of them was pointed at 61.5. An EA dish gets 61.5, 72.7, and 77 satellite locations. If that is the case, most of your HD is coming from the same bird as it was before. Therefore, something else must have changed besides your dish antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)