eastern arc say western

Mikeyb84

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 31, 2011
Brandon,ms
I have a question. Has Anyone else ever noticed that when u are setting up a new receiver and after u do the check switch and ur locking in the sattelite name that even though u r using a eastern arc dish it still say western. Ex. Locked -61.5 west

It is 61.5 West Longitude. Its the position in the sky where the satellite is. :)

All satellites that can be picked up in the USA are West Logitude.

It has nothing to do with Western or Eastern Arc.

Got to be honest I never thought of that. :D

I have been putting them in for a year and a half and nobody could answer that until now ur awesome. One more thing someone else posted that they had a 211 as a dvr how?

I have been putting them in for a year and a half and nobody could answer that until now ur awesome. One more thing someone else posted that they had a 211 as a dvr how?

If you activate the external hard drive service for the 211 family, they can be used as a DVR. So if you get an EHD and pay the one time $40 fee to activate the service, a 211 would become a DVR (only has 1 tuner though).

Actually it has two tuners a satellite tuner and an OTA tuner. If you hook an antenna up to the OTA tuner you can watch OTA channels on it.

Actually it has two tuners a satellite tuner and an OTA tuner. If you hook an antenna up to the OTA tuner you can watch OTA channels on it.

Having just recently added an EHD to my 211, I have a question. Can you record from a sat and watch a local ota at the same time?
also, in the DVR menu, there is a "Remove EHD" If you want to change EHD's do you remove and then reattach?

Yes, you can record a sat channel, and watch an OTA channel (and vice versa). Not 100% sure on the "Remove EHD" option (don't have one to play around with) but it does sound like it should be used when you want to disconnect the EHD (similar to the "safely remove hardware" option on computers).

Doing that is like ejecting a USB drive on a PC. It shuts the drive down before you unplug it and makes sure nothing is being written to it when you try shutting it down. :)

The $40 on the 211 is not for adding an EHD in the sense that it is used for the DVRs, for added storage space. The EHD on the 211 turns the 211 into a DVR.

The $40 on the 211 is not for adding an EHD in the sense that it is used for the DVRs, for added storage space. The EHD on the 211 turns the 211 into a DVR.

Is this $40 a one-time fee and applicable to the whole account? Is this the same fee that I would have paid a few years ago to enable EHD on my account? I paid $40 to enable EHD on my 622/722k, would this also enable a 211 if I added it to my account?

Is this $40 a one-time fee and applicable to the whole account? Is this the same fee that I would have paid a few years ago to enable EHD on my account? I paid $40 to enable EHD on my 622/722k, would this also enable a 211 if I added it to my account?

Unfortunately, they are separate. I'm in the same boat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts