thought you should know...

tulsa agent

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
tulsa
ok i have worked for directv for several years, and left them to work for dish. they both have call centers in tulsa.

well, dish just seems to be losing base with the customers interest. it really seemed to irk me about a year ago when they started the plat free promotion. we were instructed to not tell existing customers who are paying for platinum and reg hd about it and to let them continue to pay 20.00. and customers who only had regular hd, we could not offer them the plat for free. (even though they would get it if they changed packages). when asking about it during team meetings, our quality guy (real douchy weasal) replied "why would we want to give up the extra revenue".

we also find out about the price increases well in advance. we in tulsa new about the new reciever prices in december of 2009. yet we were isntructed to upsell all the duo dvr upgrades we can, and tell them the current 5.00 sd duo dvr charge and 7.00 hd duo dvr charge knowing very well what they would pay come feb1st. some of these customers i had to lie to and set up would never actually see a bill with the price i told them as they would get installed after feb1st.

and now my favorite is the new VOD channel locations. dont you all like how they put a vod on channel "1"? oh, and if you block it, it only stays blocked for a short while. as soon as the movie on channel 1 changes, its there again. we agents have mentioned time and time to managment about this, and that is is making a lot of unwnated orders. we are then told with a smile, thats great, helps revenue, and if you adjust the cost for one customer kiss your job good bye.

oh, and new adjustment polices are limited to only 45.00 max per agent per customer. even with loyalty. (who i work with). no agent can adjust over 45.00. doing so, will cost us our job.

and for those who think that free hd for life will last for life, i got one clause for you...."programming subject to change". oh, and it already has, ya'll lost 4 hd channels.

i dont know how much longer i will be with dish. i am thinking about going to directv to ask for my old job back. management right now is on my ass for not subscribing to dish. they say its free. but if i cancel it, i have to pay to return the rec. i also have to pay tax on my free programming, and if something happens to my equip and its not warrentied, i have to pay for it. free my ass. plus i have to have tvone. my dad wont let dish in his home until they have that channel.

ok i have worked for directv for several years, and left them to work for dish. they both have call centers in tulsa.

well, dish just seems to be losing base with the customers interest. it really seemed to irk me about a year ago when they started the plat free promotion. we were instructed to not tell existing customers who are paying for platinum and reg hd about it and to let them continue to pay 20.00. and customers who only had regular hd, we could not offer them the plat for free. (even though they would get it if they changed packages). when asking about it during team meetings, our quality guy (real douchy weasal) replied "why would we want to give up the extra revenue".

we also find out about the price increases well in advance. we in tulsa new about the new reciever prices in december of 2009. yet we were isntructed to upsell all the duo dvr upgrades we can, and tell them the current 5.00 sd duo dvr charge and 7.00 hd duo dvr charge knowing very well what they would pay come feb1st. some of these customers i had to lie to and set up would never actually see a bill with the price i told them as they would get installed after feb1st.

and now my favorite is the new VOD channel locations. dont you all like how they put a vod on channel "1"? oh, and if you block it, it only stays blocked for a short while. as soon as the movie on channel 1 changes, its there again. we agents have mentioned time and time to managment about this, and that is is making a lot of unwnated orders. we are then told with a smile, thats great, helps revenue, and if you adjust the cost for one customer kiss your job good bye.

oh, and new adjustment polices are limited to only 45.00 max per agent per customer. even with loyalty. (who i work with). no agent can adjust over 45.00. doing so, will cost us our job.

and for those who think that free hd for life will last for life, i got one clause for you...."programming subject to change". oh, and it already has, ya'll lost 4 hd channels.

i dont know how much longer i will be with dish. i am thinking about going to directv to ask for my old job back. management right now is on my ass for not subscribing to dish. they say its free. but if i cancel it, i have to pay to return the rec. i also have to pay tax on my free programming, and if something happens to my equip and its not warrentied, i have to pay for it. free my ass. plus i have to have tvone. my dad wont let dish in his home until they have that channel.

The DDDCs~ are turning on one another!

So... do they sacrifice babies at these meetings? Because that is where I draw the line for Sat TV providers.

I bet if the CSR meetings are this bad, Dish tells the installers to rape and pillage the homes that they go to. Or, at least steal all of the jewelry from the jewelry box, you know gold is at nearly at an all time high, and that means increased revenue.

Tulsa Agent

Thank you for being honest. Many of us who read these boards regularly and through our own experiences are aware that most of the things you have mentioned are occurring or have occurred, just as you have said.

I agree that some of the things you mentioned are a bit underhanded, such as allowing people to continue paying an additional $10 for Platinum, when they were including it free for anyone who asked.

I am happy with my Dish service and do not plan to change at this time, but I also can not condone some of these business practices.

Ed

I am always curious why people are so blindly and feverishly loyal to one or another company. Whether it is Sat providers, coke/pepsi, ms/apple etc.

Perhaps I am so unbiased because I feel both companies are greedy and dishonest no matter which service I have. I just left Dish but feel their service was good (just not for me) with bad policies and that I anticipate Directv probably will have a different set of issues I will have to deal with.

So while I am now a Directv customer, I do not feel a blind loyalty to them or need to bash Dish because I really feel both companies use thier members as pawns to create this atmosphere.

I actually believe most everything the OP said... but also understand that there is an almost certainty that similar shady tactics go on on this side of the fence. As much as many do not want to admit it, these two companies are 95% identical, but we focus on the 5% that makes the service better for us (along with personal experiences) and become little soliders and zealots for one side or the other.

Kind of funny when you think about it...

I am happy with my Dish service and do not plan to change at this time, but I also can not condone some of these business practices.
Hear hear. And I might add that I personally would have gone without Platinum when it became a free add-on, might have lost out on the HD Free for Life (?), and I would be missing out on all those new HD channels on 72.7, had I not been following this forum carefully.

Lots of nuggets here that Dish just doesn't tell you about.

Anyone who has worked for a living knows that ALL companies have their good and bad points. It's the nature of the beast. All companies work towards one goal - making the most profit possible. Anything else they do - both good and bad - is a byproduct of that overarching goal.

All we can do as customers is to pick the companies that best serve our needs and the price we are willing to pay. For me, Apple is a better fit than MS and Dish is a better fit than DirecTV. But that is just me. For someone else with different needs and interests, the opposite may be true. Neither of us will be right or wrong in our decisions, assuming we made them for the right reasons.

We know most of what was said is true because Scott posted all the information when the OP said he found out.

If you were a regular reader of this board you knew that you could get HD+Plat for $10 last year by deleting and re adding the package. We also knew that Dish would never do it for you.

We also heard about the outrageous box fees before Dish announced them, we knew for months that people signing up would get hit with the fees.

One thing is very clear: Dish is out to make money, do not fool yourself into thinking they will give up money voluntarily. This is true of almost any company, it should not surprise you that Dish is the same.

I have had no channel 1 vod or any vod channels on my guide for about a month now. Don't know why they're gone but I don't connect to broadband or phone. Would that cause me not to get them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)