Eastern Arc Signal Strength

Mark0

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Lowell, MA
Can anyone here state ideal or recommended signal strength levels for the eastern arc birds?

Also, please include transponder and receiver (if applicable)

Thanks in advance.

bump

Can anyone post what they are getting on transponder 25 for all 3 birds?

I'm pulling in 48-50 on 61.5 and 72, but only 29 on transponder 77. I guess as a newbie I'm wondering if this is good, or should I try to tweak the dish?

bump

Can anyone post what they are getting on transponder 25 for all 3 birds?

I'm pulling in 48-50 on 61.5 and 72, but only 29 on transponder 77. I guess as a newbie I'm wondering if this is good, or should I try to tweak the dish?

My signal levels on transponder 25 are:

61.5 71
72 57
77 47

I am located 30 miles north of New York City.

Thanks bpiddle!

I have about 100' or RG6, but I think I can cut it down to about 60. Maybe that with a little tweaking will help me eliminate bad weather drops (which I experienced the other night during a moderate rain (no thunder)

Haven't read up on which transponders on the different EA birds are CONUS and which are Spotbeams, so you might want to check and make sure that the transponders you are checking aren't spotbeams, as you will get a low (or no) signal if you are outside of that spotbeam's footprint.

i have gotten anywhere from 25 to 70 on either 61.5 or 72.7, but i can't remember the transponders. i live in the dallas area and we just stopped using the 1k4, the damn thing caused too many problems with upgrade work orders. our local dns office was not much help either in telling us which transponders were designated as the "home transponders". you might have better luck calling a dns office close to you if there is one or a rsp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)