Eastern Arc starting and Turbo HD business rules

1000.4 is the normal Eastern Arc dish desihned for 80% of the installs
1000.5 is the dish for lower signal areas

As for the size 1000.4 will be close to the 1k.2 the 1000.5 will be a little bigger. As for the exact specs I dont know.
What does "1000.5 is the dish for lower signal areas" exactly mean? Areas that are known to get pretty weak signals?

What does "1000.5 is the dish for lower signal areas" exactly mean? Areas that are known to get pretty weak signals?

Yes, areas that have lower than normal signal. Installer for those specified zip codes will be installing 1000.5 instead of 1000.4. The Dishes point at the same location.

Would it be possible to hit 72.5 and 77 with 2 separate 500 dishes?

What extra switches would be needed. Presently have a dish 1000+ and a 129, feeding into a dpp44 switch to 2-vip211 hd receivers.

Biggest problem I foresee is the 16.5* elevation :( = trees!!!

Thanks in advance!

Sure you could do it, but your local channels would not be there. If you are not interested in your RSN and can get your local channels OTA, then pointing at the Eastern Arc may be for you.

I am still looking for a comparison between the MPEG4 SD channels and the MPEG2 SD channels. Anyone do a side by side comparison yet?

arent most hd locals off of 61.5? when my locals come on they will be on 61.5, but i dont want the EA dish. i have got trees in the way to get 61.5. the elevation for is low in my area. i was waiting for the western arc because i can get 110, 119, and 129 with no problems. it looks like i might be screwed unless something changes. i guess i could move everything to the other side of the house and see if i can get over the trees, but what a PITA.

People have to remember, Dish will determine, or knows, what areas are in these "zones" too and won't supply one just because a customer *thinks* they're in an area that gets low signal.
In my case, I'll be buying the dish/lnbf myself, so just trying to figure out what the diff is btwn .4 and .5, and I want the biggest dish they make.

I am not home at the moment, but only 21 markets will initially be able to get the Eastern Arc Dish when its released (still looking at around August 20th)

I will try to post the list of those markets when I get home. :)

In my case, I'll be buying the dish/lnbf myself, so just trying to figure out what the diff is btwn .4 and .5, and I want the biggest dish they make.
You've always got that option, of course. My point was, Dish won't give you "free" equipment and installation because *you* (not you in particular) think you need it.

i was waiting for the western arc because i can get 110, 119, and 129 with no problems. it looks like i might be screwed unless something changes.
A few weeks ago or so, there was indications that people as far west as Texas would fall under the "Eastern Arc". I think it was related to some recently added HD locals coming in on 61.5'. Could have been Witchita Fall for all I know... Most figured they'd split the country right down the Mississippi.

A few weeks ago or so, there was indications that people as far west as Texas would fall under the "Eastern Arc". I think it was related to some recently added HD locals coming in on 61.5'. Could have been Witchita Fall for all I know... Most figured they'd split the country right down the Mississippi.
Austin's HD locals were added in late March, and only reside on 61.5. Dallas (and I think Houston) have been added to 61.5, but are also on 110. I dont exactly recall which sats the most recent Texas cities were added to, but I think 61.5. Texas is absolutely going to be part of Eastern Arc. My next task is to find Austin folks who have dishes pointed at both 61.5 and 129 to see if I can find out which is better for us here (knowing that the 129 signal should be much more stable with Ciel-2).

I hate to rain on any parade but I don't think we will see an improvement much on the SD. The only resolution I've seen on Dish's MPEG4 SD is 480x480 vs their 540x480 SD. Following in the footsteps of DirecTV's 480x480 SD. The resolution might not be as high but you might see as much artifacts due to the a higher compression from the MPEG4. I'm thinking we will see a lot of adds on 72 on the uplink report anyday now since Echo6 is now in place.

What's the big gig on upgrading your dish if you already have Dish 500 119/110 and a 61.5?

Just the craze on the latest and greatest?
Yeah, that's pretty much it.... or thinking they're not getting something that others are getting. And if I recall, existing customers will retain their current setups anyway. If Dish splits their customers in half based on location, *everyone* east of Texas will need a new dish installed to point at the EA satellites. I just don't see that happening.

Austin's HD locals were added in late March, and only reside on 61.5. Dallas (and I think Houston) have been added to 61.5, but are also on 110. I dont exactly recall which sats the most recent Texas cities were added to, but I think 61.5. Texas is absolutely going to be part of Eastern Arc. My next task is to find Austin folks who have dishes pointed at both 61.5 and 129 to see if I can find out which is better for us here (knowing that the 129 signal should be much more stable with Ciel-2).

I dont think we know for sure that all of Texas will be on Eastern Arc. San Antonio is on 110 and has not been added to 61.5. Houston and Dallas have as you said and it seems all the new ones are being added to 61.5. I cant figure why they would not include San Antonio if they are putting the rest there. We are the 3rd biggest market in Texas. As of right now it seems San Antonio is being left out.:confused:

I hate to rain on any parade but I don't think we will see an improvement much on the SD. The only resolution I've seen on Dish's MPEG4 SD is 480x480 vs their 540x480 SD. Following in the footsteps of DirecTV's 480x480 SD. The resolution might not be as high but you might see as much artifacts due to the a higher compression from the MPEG4. I'm thinking we will see a lot of adds on 72 on the uplink report anyday now since Echo6 is now in place.

I thought the new service was for those that want Turbo HD?

When do you think it will be possible to buy the new Dish 1000.4. I'm ready to upgrade. I just took down my Slimline"no longer D* customer" ,So I'm down to just 2 satellite dishes, I'd like to be down to just one. Is there any real confirmation on when 1 Dish is possible.

Well, I would like a single dish, but that is not a deal breaker. However, with the trees in my yard, Im thinking the 72 and 77 sats will be higher elevation and in a better direction than 110 and 119. My Locals are on 61.5

Charleston SC 29438

Here is the list of the first cities which will be eligible for Eastern Arc Dishes after August 20th. (If it launches on the 20th which is still in the air)

Cleveland, OH
Richmond, VA
Tampa, FL
Baltimore, MD
Columbia, SC
Green Bay, WI
Greensboro, NC
Providence, RI
Greenville, SC
Knoxville, TN
Raleigh, NC
Chicago, IL
Detroit, MI
Charlotte, NC
Dallas, TX
Nashville, TN
Minneapolis, MN
Philadelphia, PA
Washington DC
New York, NY
Hartford, CT

Here is the list of the first cities which will be eligible for Eastern Arc Dishes after August 20th. (If it launches on the 20th which is still in the air)

Cleveland, OH
Richmond, VA
Tampa, FL
Baltimore, MD
Columbia, SC
Green Bay, WI
Greensboro, NC
Providence, RI
Greenville, SC
Knoxville, TN
Raleigh, NC
Chicago, IL
Detroit, MI
Charlotte, NC
Dallas, TX
Nashville, TN
Minneapolis, MN
Philadelphia, PA
Washington DC
New York, NY
Hartford, CT

YES!!!! Oh God yes...!!!!!! :D

(not just because it would benefit my house either. job security, anyone?)

Dont get too excited it might be new customers only on that date.

However with that said, I dont see anything stopping you from buying a Dish and using your existing MPEG4 equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)