Eastern Arc starting and Turbo HD business rules

1000.4 is the normal Eastern Arc dish desihned for 80% of the installs
1000.5 is the dish for lower signal areas

As for the size 1000.4 will be close to the 1k.2 the 1000.5 will be a little bigger. As for the exact specs I dont know.

The 1000.4 dish will be equal in size to the 500+ dish. In fact, the mast used for the 118.7 dish (500+) is now labeled as being for the 500+/1000+/1000.4/Border Dish. I assume Border Dish to be the 1000.5.

Also, the reason for a larger dish for EA is because 72.5 and 77 are so close together, that the LNBs will be picking up unwanted signals from nearby satellites. These satellites are normally 9 degrees apart, but in EA, they will only be 4.5 degrees apart. That's a lot of interference so a larger dish will increase the gain on the desired satellite at their respective LNBs, thus creating a better signal to noise ratio. Think of it like being in a crowded, noisy room and you're trying to listen to one person. If everyone is fairly distant from the person you are listening to, its easier to hear them. However, if all those noisy people are nearer to the person you are listening to, its that much harder to hear them. Larger ears would help that.

The spacing between 61.5 and 72.5 is 11 degrees. I'm not 100% certain a 500 dish would get both of those that well at the same time. Just depends if you can be 1 degree off of the satellite and still get it. A 500+ might work better for that and then just use the 300 for catching the 77 satellite.

The Nashville HD locals are now on 129 which I can't get because of trees. Since Nashville is listed for the Eastern Arc does that mean Nashville HD locals will change location to 61.5?

I hate to rain on any parade but I don't think we will see an improvement much on the SD. The only resolution I've seen on Dish's MPEG4 SD is 480x480 vs their 540x480 SD. Following in the footsteps of DirecTV's 480x480 SD. The resolution might not be as high but you might see as much artifacts due to the a higher compression from the MPEG4. I'm thinking we will see a lot of adds on 72 on the uplink report anyday now since Echo6 is now in place.

So there would be no advantage to going with the Eastern Arc on the SD channels? That was one of the reasons that I wanted to go that route when I upgrade to HD was to hopefully improve the SD channels.

Will there be an inherent advantage to being on the eastern arc as opposed to the western? HD and Local HD? Less equipment (dishes)? IF I can't get Dish to push my install date back to allow for the new dish and such, I'll just cancel the order and call back after the 20th. I'd also assume anything "New" is gonna have it's bumps in the road so to speak?

I am confused about the cited city list. Does it mean that only those cities will get the locals on Eastern Arc initially or that only subscribers in those cities can request install/upgrade to Eastern Arc? I am in Boston and has only one dish pointing to 61.5 now. I can get HD local but not SD local. Although Boston is not on the list, I am hoping to upgrade to Eastern Arc soon.

I am in Boston and has only one dish pointing to 61.5 now. I can get HD local but not SD local. Although Boston is not on the list, I am hoping to upgrade to Eastern Arc soon.
Boston SD locals are uplinked, but not yet available, on 61.5. So I think you have good reason for hope.

You've got me wondering though, about that single dish. Scott mentioned that the EPG is going onto 72.7 and not 61.5. Can you tell us whether you have an EPG now, with only a single dish?

Well I don't see Wilkes Barre/ Scranton Pa on there, But they are uplinked on the 61.5. I don't get it what would be the hold up. If they are uplinked , that must mean they have the room for them ,Correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)