Eastern Arc Starts Today?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have been hearing that the HD Only package will be the start of rolling out Eastern Arc.

It appears that the rollout is starting today. Here is an email I just got...

Dear Dish Network Retailers,

Customers with no line of sight may have another option available to them TODAY! The Dish HD package for only $29.99 (add locals for only $5.00) now qualifies under the DHA promotion and customers are eligible for the 3 monthly programming credits of $39.99. The Dish HD package has 45 channels of programming with 38 channels plus local networks located on the 61.5 satellite. There are 7 channels located on the 110 satellite only and they are TNT,ESPN,HD Net, HD Net Movies, HD Net Theater, USA and Sci-Fi.
Thank You

I am willing to bet these channels are in the 4000 range. :)

The Eastern Arc Dish and LNB however is not expected until September.

Haven't gotten that email yet. Sounds good, but why haven't they moved those 7 110 channels over to 61.5. Not very good if you have to install two dishes anyway.

So it really doesn't do any of us any good if we already have 61.5, since they are using the 4xxx range, and it's only for 'new' customers, right?

I was hoping I would be able to get the Dallas locals from 61.5.... but I don't think they have been made 'available' yet.

Hmmmm. I guess the HD only pack IS really similiar to EA in a way, just no SD's. They just need to do away with the mpeg2 crap. Would be nice if they'd put the mpeg 4 versions of the mpeg2's on 61.5 and then I could take down my 1000.2 :)

Last edited:
I agree if they move the 110 HD channels to 61.5, this package would work well. One Dish, and high elevation in Northeast 38degrees elv.

Id love it. Drop the 1000.2 and replace the d500 with a little bit larger dish for more SS. Maybe theyll add the mpeg2 channels in mpeg4 to 61.5

"There are 7 channels located on the 110 satellite only and they are TNT,ESPN,HD Net, HD Net Movies, HD Net Theater, USA and Sci-Fi. "

Hmm, why would they turn it on when those channels are still not there? I don't think a new customer will be thrilled to find out that those HD channels are not in their guide.

Especially for people interested in a HD only package I would think they really want ESPNHD, Discovery Theater and the HD Nets. Those are key!!!

Especially for people interested in a HD only package I would think they really want ESPNHD, Discovery Theater and the HD Nets. Those are key!!!

I personally think Sci-Fi is more Key than ESPN, but to each his own ;)

In other words, some people may be happy with just what is on 61.5

Exactly how is this different from the options that "Customers with no line of sight" had yesterday? or last week?

Unless the real news is that "...TODAY! The Dish HD package for only $29.99 (add locals for only $5.00) now qualifies under the DHA promotion and customers are eligible for the 3 monthly programming credits of $39.99."

Did the Dish HD (only) package qualify for those incentives before?

Talon Dancer

I have been hearing about the Eastern Arc. What satellites are in the Eastern Arc? I have 2 VIP 622 receivers with the Every Thing pack and the Ultimate HD Package for my programming. I have 2 dishes 110 & 119 and the 61.5 with 1 DP34 switch to hook every thing up. When and do I have to change the satellites that my dish points at and/or will I be required to switch to the satellites on the Eastern Arc? I live in Northern Kentucky 25 miles south or Florence KY and I get Cincinnati Ohio locals. When will I be able to get Cincinnati HD locals from Satellite instead of getting them using the off air atn? I am just learning about all this new stuff Dish is doing and all the changes going to be taking place soon.

I have been hearing about the Eastern Arc. What satellites are in the Eastern Arc? I have 2 VIP 622 receivers with the Every Thing pack and the Ultimate HD Package for my programming. I have 2 dishes 110 & 119 and the 61.5 with 1 DP34 switch to hook every thing up. When and do I have to change the satellites that my dish points at and/or will I be required to switch to the satellites on the Eastern Arc? I live in Northern Kentucky 25 miles south or Florence KY and I get Cincinnati Ohio locals. When will I be able to get Cincinnati HD locals from Satellite instead of getting them using the off air atn? I am just learning about all this new stuff Dish is doing and all the changes going to be taking place soon.

Take a look at this post:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1351981-post2.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)