Eastern Arc vs Western Arc yet again....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kluken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
I was a dish subscriber over 14 years and moved to Comcast about 7 months ago and give up. Comcast DVR is junk compared to Hopper and while Comcast PQ is far superior the outages are killing me. Another 4 hour outage yesterday. I don't think all the rain fade outages over 14 years have added up to the outages I have had with Comcast over 7 months. The only advantage to Comcast is the cloud DVR so that if you have an event set to record and your service is down it still records in their cloud and you can watch it when service is back.

When I left Dish I had 2 dishes pointed to western arc I believe 1 was 110/105 the other 129. I always felt the signal was marginal and there is risk of LOS with some trees. I have less LOS concerns about eastern arc, but have read eastern may be more prone to rain fade. Is that BS or would I be better off have my new Dish setup for Eastern arc? I am in Atlanta.

Thanks!

If you want an H3, then only a single Dish solution will work. If WA was two dishes because of LOS issues then EA may be your only choice. If just because 129 was tacked on later and you can get by with a single Dish, then you have a choice.

I'm in Cobb County, moved from WA to EA due to tree growth. EA seems a little more prone to fade, but I'm probably not peaked as well as I should be.

It's still not bad. For perspective, I doubt all the rain fade in the past 3 years of EA adds up to 4 hours, probably less than half that.

If you want an H3, then only a single Dish solution will work. If WA was two dishes because of LOS issues then EA may be your only choice. If just because 129 was tacked on later and you can get by with a single Dish, then you have a choice.

I'm in Cobb County, moved from WA to EA due to tree growth. EA seems a little more prone to fade, but I'm probably not peaked as well as I should be.

It's still not bad. For perspective, I doubt all the rain fade in the past 3 years of EA adds up to 4 hours, probably less than half that.

Cool I am in Cobb as well. Then maybe EA will be the answer. WA may work still for a while, but I get nervous with my neighbors tress, with EA if tress become an issue they are mine and down they will go.

Why does H3 require a single Dish? I was actually hoping they would keep one pf the WA dishes in place.

Because the H3 requires a special LNB & DISH Doesn't have a separate switch yet that will allow more than one dish or more than one H3

I know this thread is over 3 years old, but I am considering come back to dish after over 4 years and wondering of there are any new development sin Eastern Arc vs. Western Arc. I am still in Cobb County Georgia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)