Eastern Arc / Western Arc Will it work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jbleser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 4, 2008
WI
I have asked three people this question and received three different answers so, I will try here.

I have two seperate E* accounts. One is my "home" acct. and the other is my "vacation home" acct. My home acct. is a 1000.4 setup with Americas Everything plus locals and HD. I have a 722 and two 222's set up on this acct. My vacation home acct. is a 1000.2 with i believe the family channels plus the locals using a 311 receiver. My question is can I take one of my receivers from my home acct. to my vacation home acct. and hook it up to the 1000.2 dish and still receive my loacls and all the other programming from my home acct.?

The answers I have received are
1. Yes it will work
2. No it will not work
3. Yes it will work if I put up a dish pointed at the 61.5 and connect it to my 1000.2 dish

Yes that will work. You will have to do a check switch everytime you change locations. Depending on how far away you houses are, you will still get locals but most likely different ones.

Yeah.didn't see he was on different arcs at each location. So as soon as you do a check switch you will lose your locals from your other place. Just get an antenna, will be so much easier than anything else

If your DMA in NE Wisconsin is an Eastern Arc (only) DMA, then a receiver plugged into a Western Arc dish will get everything but your HD locals. If that's OK, then your answer #1 is the right answer. If you want your HD locals and they are only on Eastern Arc, then answer #3 is correct.

If your DMA in NE Wisconsin is an Eastern Arc (only) DMA, then a receiver plugged into a Western Arc dish will get everything but your HD locals. If that's OK, then your answer #1 is the right answer. If you want your HD locals and they are only on Eastern Arc, then answer #3 is correct.

TheKrell - Does this mean that if i want my "home" locals on my vacation acct in HD i will have to add a dish @ 61.5. Will I still get the "home" locals on my "vacation" acct in SD by just using the 1000.2 dish?

What I am trying to do is get my home locals (SD or HD) on my vacation acct without putting up another dish if at all possible..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)