Eastern Arc

edpkp81

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Lake Ariel, PA
Currently I have a dish pointed at 110 and 119 and a wing dish pointed at 61.5. Will I need an additional dish for Eastern Arc and, if so, what direction will it need to be pointed at? My concern is the two present dishes have a clear LOS but all other directions are blocked by trees.

Eastern Arc once available will use ts own 3LNB Dish. You will not need to point to 110 / 119.

Dont worry about EA until its launched and Dishes are available. EA will be installed first for new customers, you do not need to upgrade unless you want to . :)

Scott do you have any idea when Eastern Arc will be far enough along that they will start to install it? Also do you think eastern Arc will be the main subject of the up coming Team Summit?

Scott, could you give some advice to a newbie? I've currently got a Dish 1000 pointed at 110, 119, and 129. My HD locals (Jackson, MS) just came on 61.5. I was about to have a wing dish installed to pick those up but would like to avoid putting up a second dish if at all possible. If I wait until later this summer is it possible I could get all of my programming from EA without having to put up the second dish?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Eastern Arc once available will use ts own 3LNB Dish. You will not need to point to 110 / 119.

Dont worry about EA until its launched and Dishes are available. EA will be installed first for new customers, you do not need to upgrade unless you want to . :)

So do you think we will still need 3 dishes down here in Puerto Rico? Right now we're to far to get 110/119 with one dish. I'm about to get the 3rd one for 61.5 (HD), if I don't need it I could wait until June.

Scott, could you give some advice to a newbie? I've currently got a Dish 1000 pointed at 110, 119, and 129. My HD locals (Jackson, MS) just came on 61.5. I was about to have a wing dish installed to pick those up but would like to avoid putting up a second dish if at all possible. If I wait until later this summer is it possible I could get all of my programming from EA without having to put up the second dish?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
My name is Scott, too, so I guess I can try to answer. I'm in the same boat as you in Austin. Yes, the plans are to be able to use one 3LNB dish (new 1000.4 dish), and not need a 2nd dish. New customers who want the type of programming available via EA will get this type of install. Looks like existing customers will have to wait, or pay for the new dish if they want it sooner. I dont know if the situation where E* has recently added locals on 61.5 and customers dont currently have a dish for 61.5 and need it, has been addressed. After EA is available, will E* come out with a 2nd dish for customers who need 61.5, or will they replace the current dish with the 1000.4 is the question...

So do you think we will still need 3 dishes down here in Puerto Rico? Right now we're to far to get 110/119 with one dish. I'm about to get the 3rd one for 61.5 (HD), if I don't need it I could wait until June.

I would wait until June...

In fact I would tell anyone whos interested in 61.5 for HD locals or want to be on the EA service to wait until June.

it dont make sense to get another Dish now, then have to change it out, move it in another month.

Scott,

This thread has me wondering these questions: Will E* be actively putting new customers who go with VIP receiver on Eastern Arc, instead of using dishes that use 110, 119,(129)? Is EA in June (July/August/soon) going to be able to support E*'s Family, 100, 100+, 200, 250 and AEP packages? Guess I'm trying to figure out how much E* is planning on making Eastern Arc a primary configuration (for customers who have a line of sight).

Yes the plan is that new customers will go on EA. :)

We will be hearing a lot more about this at Team Summit, and of course SatelliteGuys will be there reporting on it for you. STAY TUNED!

Yeah i wish they launched by next week. I am moving to a new house, the previous owner has an elliptical dish up (121-110?) and no 61.5 dish. It sucks that I am going to have about a month period where I need two dishes...at least its on the backside of the house where the roof is older, and needs to be reshingled in the next 5 years so I'm not putting holes in brand new 30yr architects or something.

My hard drive and I want all mpeg-4 so bad.

my only worry is if i decided NOT to go to EA (due to having 2 non mpeg 4 receivers in the house) will I miss out on national HD?

Thanks for the help everybody. I'll wait for now and see how it all shakes out. Great site, I'm glad I found it. How did we survive before Google? :)

I also have a question about Eastern Arc: I'm on the West Coast but currently am set up to use 65.5 instead of 129. Will Dish switch me out to Eastern Arc if I already use 61.5 and have line of sight to the other new sats, or will they tell me I have to wait until "Western Arc" is available?

Just curious...

I live in St Augustine, FL. No local HD here yet (Jacksonville). Currently have 2 dishes on roof and get 61.5, 110, and 119.

Will I get Eastern Arc without any other dishes needed or what?

JC

No, you will need a new single dish called a 1000.4 dish...

First installs are supposed to start in June.
:confused: How is this possible with 4 missing transponders at 61.5, only 6 total working transponders on Echo4 at 77 (and they won't even reach the northern states), and no orbital assets whatsoever at 72.7? :confused:

I would wait until June...

In fact I would tell anyone whos interested in 61.5 for HD locals or want to be on the EA service to wait until June.

it dont make sense to get another Dish now, then have to change it out, move it in another month.

I decided to go ahead with the 61.5 install for my locals. I think I may block the 129 lnb and just get the HD off 61.5 only. Ill then evaluate this summer if I want/need EA. If the cost is much diff, Ill prob just stay with the HD only pack.

I decided to go ahead with the 61.5 install for my locals. ....
Me too. I know Scott keeps advising people to wait, but...I got the 61.5 wing dish for HD locals installed free right after Austin went live. And I'm very glad I did :)

I figure having dishes that can see 129/119/110/61.5 is about the most flexible set up I can have for the foreseeable future, given the uncertainty about what orbital assets are going to be available/used for the EA and the speed with which Dish is rolling out National HD, etc. If 129 goes dark, I'll get the HD off 61.5. Meanwhile I already have my HD locals on 61.5 and can be patient while Dish deploys rest of the EA.

Yes I ended up with two dishes instead of one. But I already had the 2nd dish mount left over from when I had WildBlue. At least now the two dishes are the same color :)

AFAIK the ONLY advantage of the EA over my current configuration is that it only requires a single dish, which may or may not be free to current subs anytime "soon".

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)