Eastern Arc

Two dumb questions. I can just cover up the 129 lnb EXTERNALLY to temporarily use 61.5 only, correct? My RSN HD is only on 129, I believe everything else is mirrored on 61.5. And which "eye" is 129 on the 1000.2?:confused:

Thanks!

Ed

Pepper is right. Just open the white cap and shove some foil in there, thatll shut it down :)

Pepper is right. Just open the white cap and shove some foil in there, thatll shut it down :)

Can't help but ask this question. If signals from 129, received, using the lnb on the 1000.2, are not desired, why would anyone want to allow water to gain entry into the lnb by "open the cap and shove some foil in there"??????????

It looks ghetto. I initially did that and then posted the pics of my wing dish install and here and everyone gave me crap. Someone suggested the cap idea, so I tried it and it worked great.

Point to make....once moisture gains access to the internal parts of the lnb, that entry reduces reliaibility. The suggestion to cover the 129 section that was first performed, was the better of the 2 choices. Function should always be the first consideration over looks.

hmmm so does that mean they will be getting rid of the fee they charge for not subscribing to HD...I really want to get Eastern Arc but only have one HD tv right now..So that means I would have to get an HD receiver for my two tvs that aren't HD..I'm just wondering if they are going to wave that fee since there is no need of me subscribing to the HD service for those tv's...I'm sure Scott or anybody else doesn't know that answer, but I'm just thinking I guess..:)

Do you watch any of the HD-only channels? With a ViP receiver (at least the 622, don't ask me about the rest), you can watch those on your SD TV too. (And the picture quality will be unbelievable.)

Scott - is there any reason to think that E* will not allow regular Dish Network "110/119" AT250 subscribers to use the MPEG4 SD channels on 61.5 for Eastern Arc (of course, assuming they already have ViP receivers) ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts