Eastern Arc

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
Due to impending LOS issues w/110/119 and good view of southeast, I intend to install a couple of 24" dishes along with my present 18" 61.5. I'll use the 2 DP LNBFs in the 500 dish and posses the D-tube 24" dishes and will continue to use my DP34.

The question I have is this: Since the 24" have about 2.5 db higher gain than the 18", which bird should I point the 18" to? I am looking for the strongest signal. I am not looking for results based on the Dish 1000.4.

Ideally, what you are asking is which of the three is stronger. I have no idea but maybe someone else has made those measurements.

I guess you could take the existing 18 inch and do the exercise of pointing at each of the three, tweaking for maximum strength and then documenting the signal strength on all transponders, then point it finally at whichever gave you the higher numbers.

Ideally, what you are asking is which of the three is stronger. I have no idea but maybe someone else has made those measurements.

I guess you could take the existing 18 inch and do the exercise of pointing at each of the three, tweaking for maximum strength and then documenting the signal strength on all transponders, then point it finally at whichever gave you the higher numbers.

I was hoping not to go through that drill but based on the answers so far, that appears to be my only choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts