Eastern Arc?

Lord_Vader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Richmond, VA
So I am currently one of the 61.5/110/119 customers and placed a service call to switch to Eastern ARC tomorrow morning.

Just wanted to make sure...

Will I loose anything going to EA? (he said I would be on 61.5/72.7/77)

I am in Richmond VA and have the AT250 with locals with HD -Platinum and 2 VIP 722s ( 2 HD and 1 SD backfeed from TV2)

Thanks in advance.

Bobby removed his post. There was some confusion as to whether or not your locals that are in SD only on Dish are on EA

yes they are. Dish wants folks to be EA or WA only and not a mix and match :)

Dish wants folks to be EA or WA only and not a mix and match :)

Then Dish has work to do as my HD locals are on 61.5 and my SD locals are on 110....

Right in the description of the 1000.4 is this statement "Dish antenna designed for use in the Eastern half of the US"

Why on earth did they have me on a western arc account being in NY state I will never know. Hopefully that will be all behind me after they install a EA 1000.4 and a wing to 110 tomorrow.

So I am currently one of the 61.5/110/119 customers and placed a service call to switch to Eastern ARC tomorrow morning.

Just wanted to make sure...

Will I loose anything going to EA? (he said I would be on 61.5/72.7/77)

I am in Richmond VA and have the AT250 with locals with HD -Platinum and 2 VIP 722s ( 2 HD and 1 SD backfeed from TV2)

Thanks in advance.

You have the exact same configuration and programming package as I do except one of my 722's is a k version and I am backfeeding an additional SD TV. In my case though I need a wing on 110 to get my SD locals. Good question however.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a solo 311 sd receiver on one tv and a VIP211 hd reciever on the other. I currently have the 110/119/61.5 set with locals.

Are you saying that I if I go eastern arc I will loose the SD locals on the 311?

That really puts me up against the wall as far as the new HD channels go.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a solo 311 sd receiver on one tv and a VIP211 hd reciever on the other. I currently have the 110/119/61.5 set with locals.

Are you saying that I if I go eastern arc I will loose the SD locals on the 311?

That really puts me up against the wall as far as the new HD channels go.

The 311 is MPEG2 only, you'd lose just about everything going to EA.

Also a MPEG2 box.
Thanks, I was afraid of that.

That limits my options pretty badly. I can either:

1) Replace the receiver and go Eastern Arc. A costly option.

2) Repoint my wing dish from 61.5 to 128 and kiss all my high def locals goodbye.

or

3) Hope the initial reports are wrong and Dish will move E6 over sooner rather then later AND light up any new high def from the 61.5 slot.

Ain't life grand.

Sponsored Links​

Hi there, I saw your site the other day regarding the new hd channels that were put on to 129/72.7 and not 61.5 i called dish today to have them come out and install the eastern arc here in southern maine. (So far easy right) Well
my issue is that I have All american direct hd locals from 110 and the portland standard locals from 110. Will they be able to hook up my system so that I can still access my programming of locals and distants from the 110 sat?

(My setup hopefully will be 77, 72.7, 61.5, 110)
I really need help with this question.

Thanks, Armand

Just got off the phone with the Dish CSR. He told me that apparently they can set up the Eastern Arc dish to feed the MPEG4 signal to my VIP211 and an MPEG2 signal to my dp301 by mounting two LNB's on the dish.................

All for the paultry sum of $99 dollars or $15 with a service contract.

He also assured me that if I elected not to go for the upgrade that Dish would be making the new high def available at the 61.5 slot..... eventually. He could not give me a time line for when the new channels would be up.

When it comes to moving any new high def over to 61.5 I would tend to trust Scott's rumors over the word of a CSR.

I guess my next step is to fire an email out to the CEO and see what they say in reply.

If the locals are in HD on EA they do not carry them in SD too as all the receivers on EA are HD capable.

That explains why I don't see the my SD locals. Why doesn't Dish to that with all the HD channels? No need for EA customers to get both SD and HD for all channels.

Hopefully they will...

Sponsored Links​

Hi there, I saw your site the other day regarding the new hd channels that were put on to 129/72.7 and not 61.5 i called dish today to have them come out and install the eastern arc here in southern maine. (So far easy right) Well
my issue is that I have All american direct hd locals from 110 and the portland standard locals from 110. Will they be able to hook up my system so that I can still access my programming of locals and distants from the 110 sat?

(My setup hopefully will be 77, 72.7, 61.5, 110)
I really need help with this question.

Thanks, Armand

I have the same situation as you. Currently have 110/119 and 61.5 on a separate dish. This is what I am going to do, self install. Put a 1000..4 up in place of the 61.5 dish and run the 3 leads to a dpp 44 switch. Keep the 110/119 dish (DP LNBF) where it is (two cables currently come off it) take the one cable that is on the 110 port and feed it into the dpp44. I need 110 for my AAD same as you. Hopefully I believe that this will work.
If someone knows why it won't please chime in....

Thanks, Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)