Eastern or Western Arcs

For 72 I picked 18. That yields a signal level of 40. The micro adjustment for AZ is missing. I made the mistake of over tightening. In the case of Chicago locals, is that error just because I'm outside the spotbeam?

The Chicago market eastern arc spot beam does not cover the MI "thumb" area. If you change your service location to the thumb location, you'll likely get the Flint locals. Your other location will lose the Chicago locals though, until you switch back.

NYDutch,

Thanks for the reply. If I switch over to western arc (110/119/129) would I be within the spot beam to receive Chicago locals?

Also if you have the URL for Spot beams that would be great.

Thanks again everyone. I've searched Craigslist for dishes but can't find much. Any one know how i can find a local reseller?

I was able to switch from Eastern to Western arc. I left both dishes up, just wondering if i could connect both to the same receiver? I know many of the channel are overlap, but i'd like to use both for backup purposes.

I was able to switch from Eastern to Western arc. I left both dishes up, just wondering if i could connect both to the same receiver? I know many of the channel are overlap, but i'd like to use both for backup purposes.
No.
Not sure how you could do it away.
Wing Dish input I'm fairly sure is for a Single LNB, not a Complete multi satellite system.

I've not see a dish multiswitch that does more than 4 orbital locations.
On top of that it won't default the way you think it would, and you'll more than likely have more issues than you think.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You could leave both dishes set up and manually switch connections if there's an issue with the active one, but it would be a bit awkward. You'd also have to run a check switch when switching.

I agree with the switching the cables. I'm wondering if I could use an old school A/B Switch so if I'm not there a newbie can just click the switch and run a check switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts