Eastern/Western Arc Question

OverRHeads

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Northern Arkansas
I currently have a 2 Hopper/3 Joey setup at my house looking at the eastern arc. I am interested in using my Dish service in my travel trailer at campgrounds. I have the dish that I used when I lived in the St. Louis area which is a 1000+ picking up 110, 118.75, 119, and 129. I would like to buy a receiver (not lease) one for use only in the camper.

Is this scenario possible?
Can I use my old dish to pick up the western arc when my home equipment looks at the eastern arc?
I don't think my Hoppers will work with the 1000+ dish....right?

Thanks for any help that you can provide!

If you use a DPP switch, the Hopper will work and give you two tuners, DPP44 switch plus a node gives you all three tuners. You will have to do a check switch when changing dishes.

If you use a DPP switch, the Hopper will work and give you two tuners, DPP44 switch plus a node gives you all three tuners. You will have to do a check switch when changing dishes.

So I could use my 1000+ with the DPP44 switch shown below and just use one of my Hoppers to move back and forth between my house and camper and I will have two available tuners to watch/record on?
What about the western arc in the camper and eastern arc at home. Will that work?

2013-06-09 21.40.57.jpg

Yes the 1000+ will work. You may not get your locals in HD, though. If still getting STL locals your alright.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts