Eastern/Western Arc Question

OverRHeads

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Northern Arkansas
I currently have a 2 Hopper/3 Joey setup at my house looking at the eastern arc. I am interested in using my Dish service in my travel trailer at campgrounds. I have the dish that I used when I lived in the St. Louis area which is a 1000+ picking up 110, 118.75, 119, and 129. I would like to buy a receiver (not lease) one for use only in the camper.

Is this scenario possible?
Can I use my old dish to pick up the western arc when my home equipment looks at the eastern arc?
I don't think my Hoppers will work with the 1000+ dish....right?

Thanks for any help that you can provide!

If you use a DPP switch, the Hopper will work and give you two tuners, DPP44 switch plus a node gives you all three tuners. You will have to do a check switch when changing dishes.

If you use a DPP switch, the Hopper will work and give you two tuners, DPP44 switch plus a node gives you all three tuners. You will have to do a check switch when changing dishes.

So I could use my 1000+ with the DPP44 switch shown below and just use one of my Hoppers to move back and forth between my house and camper and I will have two available tuners to watch/record on?
What about the western arc in the camper and eastern arc at home. Will that work?

2013-06-09 21.40.57.jpg

Yes the 1000+ will work. You may not get your locals in HD, though. If still getting STL locals your alright.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!