Easy ham license renewal without leaving home

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
QRZ is offering on-line ham license renewals for $8. After a few days you get an email from the FCC with a printable wall license and a printable wallet license. Might be an option for folks who haven't been vaccinated yet and/or don't want to mingle.

Amateur License Renewals via W5YI-VEC

QRZ is offering on-line ham license renewals for $8. After a few days you get an email from the FCC with a printable wall license and a printable wallet license. Might be an option for folks who haven't been vaccinated yet and/or don't want to mingle.

Amateur License Renewals via W5YI-VEC
I renewed about 2 weeks ago on the the FCC ULS site where you are supposed to do this and it was free. You have been able to renew FCC licenses online for a good 20yrs now and everyone should be registered online anyway with the FCC. Go here, click on "file online" enter your info then click on "renew licenses". Universal Licensing System

Yet to be collected... Still free for now.
Yep, still free ATM. Also, people have either been renewing by mail or on-line forever. So, no worries about COVID or any other germs. :)

Reactions: raydio
How much time in advance can you renew? Mine expires 12/05/2024.

EDIT: Never mind. Just did a Google search and its 90 days before and up to 2 years after.
My call sign was VERY hard to get and I don't want to lose it! I competed in a FCC lottery with about 10 others.

Reactions: Titanium
Don't know if I'll renew my license if I have to pay $35. My license expires in 2030. Do they have a senior discount?