Ebay Recievers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Turbo91SER

Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
CC, Tejas
Any problems buying a receiver off of ebay and just adding it to my exisitng system?
I currently have a HD Dual tuner DVR and would like to add another reciever. Is there any issues buying one off of ebay and hooking it up and activated? My home is already wired for the install, it should just be a matter of hooking it up, correct?

Please be kind since I am a noobie...............

Should be no problems if you are careful, get the R00 # and S00# and confirm with Dish Network that there is no outstanding balance on the receiver before you buy it. If there is and you try to active it on you account, you would have to pay the balance owed before Dish will let you use it. Also make sure it is not a leased receiver, if this is the case, Dish will want you to send the receiver back to them. They will not activate this receiver.

i have 2 from ebay the 622 and the 211. do what the above member posted and look for good feedback on the seller. you'll be good.

I bought my 721 off eBay a long time ago and all went fine. I wanted to get it from Dishstore.net but they had quit selling them so I got it off eBay and it all worked out fairly well.

I thought about buying the 722 I just ordered off eBay but decided it might be worth the extra to get it from Dishstore.net so I just went ahead and got it from there.

I thought about buying the 722 I just ordered off eBay but decided it might be worth the extra to get it from Dishstore.net so I just went ahead and got it from there.
Ditto.

But in my case it was a Vip211k and it was no extra money.

Besides you'd be supporting the home team, so to speak.

Dish will not activate any more 721s. Period.

You will have to call Dish to activate the receiver and may pay an additional receiver fee. And possibly an additional receiver fee. Your monthly bill will go up.

I have the 721 now and ordered a 722. They should activate the 722 since it's a newer receiver shouldn't they? I hate to turn my 721 off but it just seems like it's now dead so I went ahead and had them turn it off.

I bought a brand new 211 off E-bay over a year ago. While awaiting the shipment I got a message from E-bay saying that the seller's account was terminated. Naturally, I was scared. It arrived eventually, and it's been flawless ever since. HDMI, component, Toslink, stereo analog, etc. all works.

I have the 721 now and ordered a 722. They should activate the 722 since it's a newer receiver shouldn't they? I hate to turn my 721 off but it just seems like it's now dead so I went ahead and had them turn it off.

If the 721 is dead you can go ahead and request a replacement for it. The replacement for a 721 is a 522 at this point in time. Downsides would be that you have the DVR fee and the additional outlet fee if you don't hook it up to a phone line. On the upside you'll have a bit more hard drive space and you'll be able to hook it up to a 2nd tv set.

If the 721 is dead you can go ahead and request a replacement for it. The replacement for a 721 is a 522 at this point in time. Downsides would be that you have the DVR fee and the additional outlet fee if you don't hook it up to a phone line. On the upside you'll have a bit more hard drive space and you'll be able to hook it up to a 2nd tv set.

Yeah they told me I could do a free upgrade to a 522 but I don't want a 522. The only reason I kept the 721 is that I didn't have to pay a DVR fee. I figured if I had to pay that anyway I'd go ahead and get what I wanted which is why I got a 722. I have wanted HD for a while but I had it on my 211 and just didn't find it worth it so I cut it back off and just used the 721 for a while and kept the 211 as a spare. Now that they have a $10 package I kind of wanted it again so figured this was a good time to upgrade.

----------------
Now playing: Ray J - Sexy Can I (feat. Yung Berg)
via FoxyTunes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)