Echo Dot and Fire Stick Black Friday specials

It’s too bad google is yanking YouTube from the fireTV and FireTV Stick... wish amazon and google would act like adults and stop feuding.
And this is the reason when it comes to hardware I avoid the Amazon, Apple and Google universes, too many petty conflicts restricting my access to content. Kindle walled garden, Apple walled garden etc. etc etc.

Reactions: dolfan3033
And this is the reason when it comes to hardware I avoid the Amazon, Apple and Google universes, too many petty conflicts restricting my access to content. Kindle walled garden, Apple walled garden etc. etc etc.

Agreed.. now a days it’s so hard to avoid ecosystems if companies only want to give access to their content via their systems. Amazon with twitch (removing from Roku), Google with YouTube (removing from fireTV) or iTunes.. (everything).

I guess we can’t expect companies to do the right thing most of the time and do what’s best for the consumer. We’re the ones that usually loose out.

My echo no longer works with dish keeps saying can't find home skill! I re-did everything and it's still not working:( Looks like on the skill app reviews alot of people are having the same problem.

I missed the Black Friday deal on these but got an email from Amazon today, back on sale at $34.99 so I bought 2.

Amazon product ASIN B00ZV9RDKK

Got the 2 fire sticks and set them up on 2 bedroom TVs that had Joeys. I should have done this a LONG time ago. These things work great!! Its at least as fast as the Joey and I love the interface. I like it better than DA on the desktop and now I can send 2 Joeys back to Dish recoup $14 a month going forward.. Even MIL who has Uverse at home was able to use it no problem.

Got the 2 fire sticks and set them up on 2 bedroom TVs that had Joeys. I should have done this a LONG time ago. These things work great!! Its at least as fast as the Joey and I love the interface. I like it better than DA on the desktop and now I can send 2 Joeys back to Dish recoup $14 a month going forward.. Even MIL who has Uverse at home was able to use it no problem.
I take it you have more than one receiver with sling....

I know I have seen several questions asked here regarding the boxes that Dish mails for returning equipment. FYI, I cancelled my 2 Joeys with Dish through a chat on 1/9/18. I received the chat emailed to me the next day. It took 2 weeks for Dish to send me an email advising me that my 2 Joeys had been cancelled and 21 days from the date of my chat before the boxes arrived at my house. I think I know the process from hanging out here, but it still seems like they forgot because it took so long. So people waiting for boxes to return equipment just have to be patient. By the way the 2 fire sticks I'm using are still working well after a month of use although one of the sticks asked me to reauthorize it on a tablet or computer which was fairly painless.

I know I have seen several questions asked here regarding the boxes that Dish mails for returning equipment. FYI, I cancelled my 2 Joeys with Dish through a chat on 1/9/18. I received the chat emailed to me the next day. It took 2 weeks for Dish to send me an email advising me that my 2 Joeys had been cancelled and 21 days from the date of my chat before the boxes arrived at my house. I think I know the process from hanging out here, but it still seems like they forgot because it took so long. So people waiting for boxes to return equipment just have to be patient. By the way the 2 fire sticks I'm using are still working well after a month of use although one of the sticks asked me to reauthorize it on a tablet or computer which was fairly painless.

I don’t wait for their boxes. I send them at my own expense then call Dish with the tracking numbers once they’re delivered. The credit me back for the label charge. It always makes me a bit nervous that they wait so long to send the boxes, but like you said, the reasons for that have been discussed ad nauseum around here ;)

Waiting for Echo Dot to go back on sale.

The wife is in Dallas, I'm in Lubbock, she connected her Dot to the kids wi-fi and was able to talk to me here over internet - no phone needed.

I want to pick a couple more to spread around to close relatives.

Works as long as they are set up correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)