EchoStar 10 is on the move..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
RandallA said:
Cool. I know they have approval to test, did E* get approval to start transmitting yet?

Not yet. There is still the interference issue raised by DirecTV for E-10 spotbeams at 110 W to be resolved. DirecTV has the DirecTV-5 satellite also located at 110 W and there is an interference concern with the high powered spotbeams of E-10.

rocatman said:
Not yet. There is still the interference issue raised by DirecTV for E-10 spotbeams at 110 W to be resolved. DirecTV has the DirecTV-5 satellite also located at 110 W and there is an interference concern with the high powered spotbeams of E-10.

Thank you.

KenSoren said:
Makes sence to me!

At least put the hand-me-down sat from 110 at 129, but this would be classified as common sence and I don't think that counts much at Dish.

The satellites have limited fuel, and it is possible that moving E6 (I think that's what is being replaced) doesn't have fuel to go from 110 to 129 and back.

First rule in space, make sure you can get back before you go :D

Regards,

John Kotches said:
The satellites have limited fuel, and it is possible that moving E6 (I think that's what is being replaced) doesn't have fuel to go from 110 to 129 and back.

First rule in space, make sure you can get back before you go :D

Regards,

Oops - looks like there is more to this than just obvious common sence. I'll shut up now:eek:

KenSoren said:
Oops - looks like there is more to this than just obvious common sence. I'll shut up now:eek:

We haven't even talked about the required fuel to maintain orbits yet ;)

No worries though. I could quip that this ain't rocket science, but it is. And we're talking about something that's up about 25,000 miles.

A mistake renders one satellite inoperable, and maybe more.

Regards,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)