Echostar 11 Camera

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Found them. :)
Now see; this doesn't make sense. If the birds are this far away, why is it that 61.5 is ~10 degrees above the horizon in the PacNW and 129 is 15 degrees in NE.

From this distance all antennae should basically be looking up.

I guess the birds have to be this distance to balance between Earth's gravity and being slung out into space. But they sure must be moving fast to track geostationary. And it's surprising they can generate a strong enough signal to work on a small dish, for such a long time.

J-track

Let's try again
2008-pis2.jpg

That's NASA's J-track.

But there's only a small area on earth that it is directly above all else is tending toward 90 degrees.

Sats may be the size of a bus, but they are at least 75 miles away from each other. Hard to see something even that size .

Think of a bus driving away from you:

- one block away
- two blocks away
- half mile away
- two miles away (getting hard to see anything at this point)
- ten miles away (no way)
- 75 miles away

From your home or office, what can you see of the town 75 miles away. :D

'Over the Equator'...

I know that, but take a look at the pictures. Look at how far the Earth is, and its relative position.

Take a look at that large picture again, while California maybe looking at the sat at the highest elevation, New York is way off almost at the edge of the Earth, the look angle is very poor.

That picture closely resemble a sat at about 137 degrees.

Is it possible to legally get channel 5990?

Just asking, I don't see it on my dish receiver.

If you are a Beta Tester and have authorization for the test channels.

There are discussions right now as to what to do with "it." You may be able to see it somewhere public... "soon."

I would concur with the explanation.

No one receiver will handle such amount of info about test channels, there are hundreds of them belong to one 'test package'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)