Echostar 11

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Does anyone else think that if 4.5 spacing ever does happen there will be a rash of service visits to re-point substandard dish installations that will start to get interference?

Telesat and E* could run somewhat of a test right now. Look at Echostar 4 and the Nimiqs at 82W.

Does anyone knows where Echostar 11 is going at. When it going to be launch.

It was supposed to be going up on sealauch soon, but sealaunch had a lauch failure last mission. So, I expect the launch will be holding quite a while until sealaunch figures out what went wrong and addresses the problem.

I believe I read that the next SeaLaunch launch will be no earlier than October. I don't think that payload is for Echostar, though.

They've published the results of their investigation as to the cause.

Didn't DISH say that this satellite is a 'backup' for its existing fleet? I thought that's what I've read.
A backup is good to have if some of your satellites are approaching their end-of-life, or have other issues that affect continuity of service. Replacing a reduced-capability satellite with a fully functional satellite could mean more transponders available for that location.

Replacing a reduced-capability satellite with a fully functional satellite could mean more transponders available for that location.

I believe that both D* and E* are currently using all their licensed DBS transponders. Example, at 101, D* has three satellites currently positioned there, D1R, D4S and D8 to cover all 32 of their DBS transponder licenses. Putting up a new satellite won't add anymore but might allow then to increase the power on a transponder frequency that had been reduced due to problems with the old satellite.

I believe that both D* and E* are currently using all their licensed DBS transponders. Example, at 101, D* has three satellites currently positioned there, D1R, D4S and D8 to cover all 32 of their DBS transponder licenses. Putting up a new satellite won't add anymore but might allow then to increase the power on a transponder frequency that had been reduced due to problems with the old satellite.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that there were two transponders at 61.5 not being used because of solar array failures. Lyngsat shows TP4 and TP24 unused. E* holds the license for TP4, and has a STA for TP24.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that there were two transponders at 61.5 not being used because of solar array failures. Lyngsat shows TP4 and TP24 unused. E* holds the license for TP4, and has a STA for TP24.

If that's the case then I'm sorry I was wrong. Seems strange though that between Rainbow 1 and E3 E* doesn't have all licensed transponder frequencies active.

If that's the case then I'm sorry I was wrong. Seems strange though that between Rainbow 1 and E3 E* doesn't have all licensed transponder frequencies active.

It seems R1/Echo12 is unable to cover those TP's as they would have done this a long time ago.

Didn't DISH say that this satellite is a 'backup' for its existing fleet? I thought that's what I've read.

Dish claims every satellite they launch is a backup. E8 was a backup of E7, but they went ahead and used it and filled it up. If E7 or E8 had failed they would not have been in a good spot.

Dish likes to play close to the vest with what a particular satellite is going to be used for until it is just about to be lauched and it has to be filed with the FCC. They are all backup satellites to the existing fleet that they might be able to use to provide things like local channels, HDTV and other services that might come up in the future. They are always vague.

They could do something like turn off the spots on E7 at 119, move 5 TPs of programming from E8 to E7 for CONUS and use the 5 TPs on E11 many more times than the E7 spots could be used and get a net gain in local market coverage. E7 uses 5 TPs for around 25 beams. E11 could be closer to E10 and get 50-75 beams out of it.

E11 is NOT a backup. It is replacing E8. why after this has been answered multiple times is there still speculation. The speculation should be on where E8 is going to go ;0

E11 is NOT a backup. It is replacing E8. why after this has been answered multiple times is there still speculation. The speculation should be on where E8 is going to go ;0

I believe E-11 going to 110 W was recently confirmed in a Echostar (Dish) financial disclosure statement. I was very skeptical when this was initially posted before the financial disclosure statment came out. Perhaps E-11 going to 110 W will free up both E-8 and E-6 for service elsewhere. I believe some of the problems with multiple satellites at a single location has to do with the signal uplink limitations especially for the relatively older satellites like E-6 and to some extend E-8. For example I believe E-6 could not tell the difference between uplink signals to it instead of those intended for E-10 if the signals come from either Dish's uplink sites in Wyoming or Arizona. Newer satellites like E-10 and I would assume E-11 should not have this problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts