Echostar 12

neoman

Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
tn
I have 2, 4 meter dishes en tandem. Have pulled in sat 214 for 7 years.
Can I adjust and pull in the HD signal on EchoStar 12? Dish forced me to upgrade, said 114 was going down.
2 hours northwest of Mexico.
Life in the US. Have a house down here

I have 2, 4 meter dishes en tandem. Have pulled in sat 214 for 7 years.
Can I adjust and pull in the HD signal on EchoStar 12? Dish forced me to upgrade, said 114 was going down.
2 hours northwest of Mexico.
Life in the US. Have a house down here
2 hours northwest of Mexico City.

My friend lives in Akumal, Mexico from Nov. to June and the US the rest of the time. He just uses Dish Anywhere via the internet while in Mexico. No need to have a dish nor move receivers to Mexico. There is reliable internet where he lives in both countries.

My friend lives in Akumal, Mexico from Nov. to June and the US the rest of the time. He just uses Dish Anywhere via the internet while in Mexico. No need to have a dish nor move receivers to Mexico. There is reliable internet where he lives in both countries.
That would be great. But I only have fair internet. Beamed across from a hilltop to a antenna. Not fast enough for a slingbox.

What exactly did they say was going down?? Sounds odd to me. I doubt anything is significantly changing on the Conus HD satellites

I will PM you some info.

That would be great. But I only have fair internet. Beamed across from a hilltop to a antenna. Not fast enough for a slingbox.
Slingbox provides surpringly good picture quality with as little as 3Mbps. it takes a few minutes for the proprietary algorithm to adapt on the fly to the slow internet speed but once it does you've got a good, stable picture and sound. I had to use my Slingbox with those conditions for a couple of years and it was quite good. and if you're receiving it to view on a UHD TV it looks surprisingly high-quality at merely 3Mbps upscaled to UHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)