Echostar 14 satellite info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

el discutido

Original poster
Jan 26, 2023
Down South
Hello good morning after the mayor satellite update that DishNetwork performed 2 weeks ago we have lost several channels and half of the transponders are down here in baja.
Untill last year we used the extraordinary James Long satellite list to find out where each channel was and the accurate transponder list.
This list was our mayor tool,I am specially interested in local,s,CONUS transponders in 119.
Hopefully James will come out of retirement one last time after this update to help us out.

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: c-spand
Hello,this info is for the DishNetwork satellite people.
As I told you I live very close from Guadalajara.
First we had the problem of Echostar changing the conus beams to spot beams,then this shuffling around 129,119 and 110.
We have lost more than 50 channels so far because most of the HD channels where moved to 119,as you know many transponders work in half power mode in Echostar 14,so we only receive 4 transponders.
129 had a perfect footprint.
I am very sad because I will cancel my service after 15 years,and I bet that thousands will do the same.
All the Pacific Coast, Yucatán,Central México lost their channels.
I wish you luck Dishnet,but after seeing the rate of first quarter cancellations this situation will get worse.

Thank You

Hello,this info is for the DishNetwork satellite people.
As I told you I live very close from Guadalajara.
First we had the problem of Echostar changing the conus beams to spot beams,then this shuffling around 129,119 and 110.
We have lost more than 50 channels so far because most of the HD channels where moved to 119,as you know many transponders work in half power mode in Echostar 14,so we only receive 4 transponders.
129 had a perfect footprint.
I am very sad because I will cancel my service after 15 years,and I bet that thousands will do the same.
All the Pacific Coast, Yucatán,Central México lost their channels.
I wish you luck Dishnet,but after seeing the rate of first quarter cancellations this situation will get worse.

Thank You
Maybe once Dish finishes moving channels around, you will get some of them back. They appear to be getting ready to start using Echostar 23 in the 110 slot, and the map appears that you may be within the footprint. It has been said that they will have these moves done by July, so if you stick around you may find that you will still have a decent amount of channels to make it worth keeping the service.

Maybe once Dish finishes moving channels around, you will get some of them back. They appear to be getting ready to start using Echostar 23 in the 110 slot, and the map appears that you may be within the footprint. It has been said that they will have these moves done by July, so if you stick around you may find that you will still have a decent amount of channels to make it worth keeping the service.
Is this what may be causing some people with the Dish Outdoors accounts to no longer get the locals they used to in the same area? I'm getting a lot of calls from the Texas area, and around Chicago that used to get such and such channels from one city, but now the same zip code brings up a different DMA?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is this what may be causing some people with the Dish Outdoors accounts to no longer get the locals they used to in the same area? I'm getting a lot of calls from the Texas area, and around Chicago that used to get such and such channels from one city, but now the same zip code brings up a different DMA?
The DMA's themselves shouldn't of changed, those are imposed by the FCC themselves for everyone to follow and would of made significant headlines if changed. It might be that people with WA setups (including most people with "Outdoors") used to get service from both arcs, but can now only get them through EA while the shuffling on WA happens.