Echostar 16 at 61.5W

14 of the 15 spot transponders should be active now (spots are 18-32). Transponder 31 lights up in the next group on Jan 21.

DFW moved from tp 15 spot to tp 24 spot. I as I expected lost some signal about 10 pts. Means the spot is a bit tighter, but I'm in the upper 50's so still quite livable. I won't have go out hunting a bigger dish. Unless I accidentally just stumble on to one, the 1m will work just fine. BTW they did almost all the work tween midnight and 2 AM CST.

The new spot beams I can find are 22, 23 and 27 27 is for WSBK on channel 8775. 27 is for Providence I guess maybe 22 is for the New York Market and Hartford not sure I still get the old beams too.

Yes it takes longer for me also to let you know. Still would like to know where the other beams are coming from I guess we will know as the weeks go on.

So the spot maps on SatMaps are not accurate?

Don't know if they are. The bird just went up. Was thinking it was said earlier that these was just the maps that were from previous bird and that Scott was requesting the new maps. Are these the new updated maps? OK after comparing the E*12 bird spot vs the E*16 bird spot they are different so guess it is a new map. It shows that I would have app 1db drop in strength and would explain the less than 10 pt. drop in my signal. I think that E* turned the power up to tp 24 as it is now in the low 60's where right after the switch it was in upper 50's. My guess once the stabilized the move and the spot they kicked it full output. Yep something I checking now is tps that were dead to me earlier are now starting to show up. So I think all tps are now up on full power. But it sure is slow to lock on the tps on this new bird.

Last edited:
Question: I notice that on spot 4 that I only have one transponder active at 60 percent. I assume this is spot 4 tr 32 Should I not see the remaining tr on the spot as well ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)