Echostar 16 at 61.5W

I just haven't had the time lately. And I will admit the drive since I do not have Dish.

Do you mean to say you don't have the drive?

Creating all those jpgs in Google Earth takes quite a bit of time. Plus matching all those TIDs to beams. I will put this on my schedule again for this weekend.

Thanks! But I think Nelson already has all the E16 spotbeams up on the SatMaps page. As I understand this, it only remains to map TIDs to beams and you're done.

Edited to add: I see there are 2D jpgs (not yet done), as well as the 3D Google Earth spotbeam views, which Digi is no doubt talking about.

Last edited:
For KU, you'd need a 4.5 meter dish to get 32 dBW consistently. So, to get 27.8 dBW, you'd probably need a 16 foot dish at a minimum.

Sounds like a winner to me. I was just guestimating the size it would need that's why I said nelson61 would know what size was need. Thanks for your input. And I would think that you are correct. Who ever wants dish down there better have some serious $$ to get the sats needed for this and the other sats.

Sounds like a winner to me. I was just guestimating the size it would need that's why I said nelson61 would know what size was need. Thanks for your input. And I would think that you are correct. Who ever wants dish down there better have some serious $$ to get the sats needed for this and the other sats.
can u please advise me on what sats I can get down here except for amazonas 61w

Just got this in...

The next migration of Local DMAs to EchoStar 16 is tentatively scheduled to begin in mid-May. The following is a preliminary list of DMAs that may be impacted: Tyler / Longview, Amarillo, Lubbock, Binghamton, Wheeling / Steubenville, Salisbury, Clarksburg / Weston, Elmira, Alexandria LA, Marquette, Hattiesburg / Laurel, Dothan, Utica, Watertown, Greenwood / Greenville, Jackson TN, Biloxi / Gulfport, Harrisonburg, Bowling Green, Lima, Jonesboro, Presque Isle, Alpena, Lafayette IN, Parkersburg and Zanesville.

I will post more as I learn about it.

Just got this in...

The next migration of Local DMAs to EchoStar 16 is tentatively scheduled to begin in mid-May. The following is a preliminary list of DMAs that may be impacted: Tyler / Longview, Amarillo, Lubbock, Binghamton, Wheeling / Steubenville, Salisbury, Clarksburg / Weston, Elmira, Alexandria LA, Marquette, Hattiesburg / Laurel, Dothan, Utica, Watertown, Greenwood / Greenville, Jackson TN, Biloxi / Gulfport, Harrisonburg, Bowling Green, Lima, Jonesboro, Presque Isle, Alpena, Lafayette IN, Parkersburg and Zanesville.

No Panama City yet....

Just got this in...

Looking like a bunch of TX will be an EA before long.

Just got this in...

Does this mean HD service for these DMAs, or just a move of the SD we already have?

Just got this in...

I thought Binghamton was already moved in the first or second round of moves (IIRC)? Or is it possible that we may finally be getting locals in HD....
Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts