Echostar 4

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
Is Echostar 4 active? I notice lyngsat showing 4 TP some with FTA in the clear (Spanish) programming. Can anyone confirm?

Confirmed

Yes it is confirmed. At least 2 TPS that I was able to get. TP 12399 and 12428.

The channels were in the clear Mpeg2 in spanish. Only 2-3 really transmitting the others showed color standby bars.

This was last saturday

Hi greggor, Im using a 1.8 meter offset dish with a 311 receiver.

The signal on both TPs was 76 the other two Tps did not lock.

Im located in Honduras.

I was trying 72.7 and hit that bird instead. I did find 72.7 but did not get any channels. Signal is very good though so Im gonna get me a new account (in my wifes name!!!) and sign up for eastern arc and get me a vip722 with the new g3 card.

Could u do that (Subscribe) in Honduras? I am hoping to subscribe to the Eastern Ace

I actually "live" in NY but spend most of the the time in Honduras. So Im planning on canceling my sub, have my wife sign up for a new contract as a new customer with my NY address and ask for an EA setup.

From the guide I understand I am in one of the qualifiying DMA and will ask for Turbo HD so that should get me EA.

Thats my plan.

As it stands I have a basic sub as I currently can only get 119 with a 1.2, but with the 72.7 I can get AT250 without a prob and I'll get a second 1.8 to point to 61.5 for HD. I bought the 1.8 just to see if I got 72.7 which I did, if I hadn't I would have had a very large dish on 119 and a useless 1.2.

I wonder if this (EA) is for Miami, FL to. If so I will have to check it out. I have a 1.8m and a 1.2 Offset dish just lying there.

I bet Miami will be one of the DMAs in the future but not right now.

Below is a list of the initial 21 HD DMAs to be classified as “Eastern Arc” markets:​
Eastern Arc HD DMAs as of 8/20/2008​
Baltimore, MD Green Bay, WI New York, NY
Charlotte, NC Greensboro, NC Philadelphia, PA
Chicago, IL Greenville, SC Providence, RI
Cleveland, OH Hartford, CT Raleigh, NC
Columbia, SC Knoxville, TN Richmond, VA
Dallas, TX Minneapolis, MN Tampa, FL​
Detroit, MI Nashville, TN Washington DC

Only place in Fl as of now is Tampa. But they'll get to MIA

I guess we got off track on that thread.

What about this:

h t t p : / / svartifoss2.fcc.gov/ servlet/ ib.page.FetchAttachment?attachment_key=-149780

Sorry please put it all together. The board would not let me post a link.

It says echo 8 will also serve US AND Mexico. That 77 spot is confusing.

A new satellite is being built for 77. E4 and soon E8 will just be temporary. Dish has said it will serve local markets from 77. Perhaps the new satellite coming will have spot beam capacity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)