EchoStar and Home Box Office Reach Long-Term Agreement

Of course the lawyers made money; that's what lawyers do. But instead of hijacking this thread, lets just be glad that Cinemax HD is probably now on the horizon.

yeah yeah... Cinemax HD.. Bring it on! Lets start a petition on here to hurry it up! hah ;0 I would welcome Cinemax HD!

-B

I am so glad that this issue is resolved. I was thinking the worst there for awhile. Sopranos finale definately an issue. I personally liked the past few episodes regardless of what the critics have been saying bout the show lately. Im also glad skinemax is here to stay. Court tv isnt much of a loss but i did enjoy all the cops/police high speed chase shows they had. Hopefully Court tv breaks down and goes for a deal but im not holdin my breath. Thanks dish for getting this one behind us.

I'll add my echo to the thread-

Let's have Cinemax HD soon!

I recall when VOOM went dead. The two channels I missed the most were StarzHD and Cinemax HD. Since Dish got us starzHD last year I have spent most of my movie time on that channel. The quality is superb and the movie selection is so different from ShowtimeHD and HBO. Cinemax is not a mirror of HBO but a few very popular movies will get aired on both at different times. Many sleeper movies show up on Cinemax. Some of these are bad but many are quite different from the usual I get to see first on DVD, later on HBO. This is why CinemaxHD is requested as much as it is.

Any word on gettng more of the Standard def Cinemax channels?

I'll add my echo to the thread-

Let's have Cinemax HD soon!

I recall when VOOM went dead. The two channels I missed the most were StarzHD and Cinemax HD. Since Dish got us starzHD last year I have spent most of my movie time on that channel. The quality is superb and the movie selection is so different from ShowtimeHD and HBO. Cinemax is not a mirror of HBO but a few very popular movies will get aired on both at different times. Many sleeper movies show up on Cinemax. Some of these are bad but many are quite different from the usual I get to see first on DVD, later on HBO. This is why CinemaxHD is requested as much as it is.

That's why I like it too. They show older movies too that HBO doesn't air very often also. I agree, bring it on!

Cinemax is definitely the best of the premium channels. What is the latest word on when and if cinemax hd will be available on dish. I can't get a straight answer from anyone

E*w/ Legacy is BAD!!

As a "Legacy Equipment"(Sat 61.5,110,119+model 811 & 510s) user by preference for my "HD" and via MPEG-2, I've listened to Charlie's chats the past four years about why we did not receive STARZ-HD nor CIN-HD!..such as ...IT WAS BEING UPCONVERTED, IT DID'NT LOOK GOOD, IT WAS NOT 1080P, it wasn't available 24/7! But I never get the most expensive " ESPN-HD" as true "HD" 24/7! And most of its video is UPCONVERTED too! ** Does SATELLITEGUYS have enough clout with E* in order to get those HD channels, being beamed to SAT 61.5 via MPEG-2, added for legacy equipment viewing as it is now being added to the MPEG-4 receivers?? Channel space does not appear to be the problem when you see the "Residual" aggreement ESPN has with E* to tie up seven(7) channels each day, or the recent addition of fifteen(15) channels that we customers should be paid to watch rather than what is ask to be paid for!

"...or the recent addition of fifteen(15) channels that we customers should be paid to watch rather than what is ask to be paid for!..."

Speak for yourself. Many of us like at least some of the Voom channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts