EchoStar dealt blow by U.S. House Panel Bill barring two dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dwgsp said:
I thought that press report said that this action was from a congressional subcommittee. That means that it still has to pass either the full House or Senate (or both). So it ain;t a done deal... yet. If you feel strongly about this, then it's time to write some letters!

/Don

Even less significant than that. This was only a Panel of the subcommittee. It doesn't even have a House number assigned to it. This hasn't even gone before the full House Committee much less heading to floor. Correct, Still needs a Senate version and then it will probably have to go through a Joint Conference Committee for reconciliation after that. Now is definitely the best time to contact your rep if you are concerned.

According to Forbes magazine this would have impact on DirecTV's future plans:

DirecTV, which is controlled by News Corp. <NCP.AX>, is also expected to use two dishes in some local markets when it rolls out service in more cities later this year.

I'll tell you what, if I have 2 get a 2nd dish, that will mean 3 dishes (VOOM) and that simply cant happen. AND if I cant get my hdtv they better let me cancel. When I got voom, I wanted to drop dish hd--they were like "no way- you will pay a fine of $260". This may be a blessing for me-- If I cant have a 3rd dish and I cant get hd under the same terms I agreed to , they better let me out of the contract. ONE BIG ISSUE-- can I cancel hdtv even if I have already sold my 6000? for $525!!!

You can cancel HD for the cost of the remaining months x $10. If you have 3 months remaining, it's $30. 4 months is $40, etc. However, some subs have gotten out of the HD commitment due to the problematic 811.

If you only have a few months left on your main commitment, then cancel all the boxes except one and drop the programming to the bare minimum of AT60 for $25/mo. for the remainder of the contract.

Sell everything except the box that's still "active". Then, sell that when you finally do cancel.

I wonder how this effects people that already have 2 dishes up... I have the 105 superdish and a dish 300 for the 61.5 sat..Hell i would put up 3 or 4 dishes if it meant more HD content

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)