- Uses homeplug adapter at other end

SlingMedia
- Watch your satellite tv content anywhere you can get a broadband connection

Portable Media Recorders - Video to Go
- Store programs you watch from your Dish DVR
- Fast, easy transfer
- No additional fees
- Compatible with PocketDish and next generation archos products

New products will be thinner, faster, wireless.

Hah ;0 Credit Card Auto-Pay ;0 Whahah ;0 I forgot how wonderful that feature is almost ;0 I'm sure they are the ONLY one to offer that too? ;0

-B

Next up is Charlie Ergen, CEO.

Charlie jokes he just showed up to find out whats going on with Echostar, he doesn't really get involved anymore.

He opens the floor to questions.

First question is about external storage.. Can we use any brand drive. The answer is any USB2.0 drive should work, haven't tested it with all possibities and combinations.

Charlie chimes in that there will be a small enabling fee, they kind of danced around that question.

Next question is about bandwidth issues and the possibility of providing local HD content through the IPTV connection. Charlie answers that it something being looked at. Now hes talking about capacity. He doesnt think online will be the solution to sat capacity because of the issues of large demand programming (ie. NFL games on a sunday).

More answers about DishOnline from Mark Jackson that the main use for it will be download, buffer, and then watch. Not to use it as live TV.

Next question is about Directv's change of ownership and Charlie jokes "hey, did we buy them again?"

Charlie says it says a lot about the industry that John Malone bought out Directv. He says liberty is just across the street from them since they are located in Denver. Slight positive for the industry. Thinks it will set Directv back a little bit since they will be busy with Washington DC and the transfer etc.

What is VC-1 support that is mentioned for the 622-1?

ViP 622-1 DVR
- 500GB HDD for VOD capacity
- VC-1 Support

VC-1 is basically Windows Media Video 9. I would have thought it was already supported. I guess this is for stuff you might plug into the USB???

I hope the no cost for the 622 is for everyone.

If it's just for new subs, I'll be sending DISH an email.
It may not even be the 622. It seems everyone is assuming the fre HD DVR is the 622. Did you all miss the part about the new 612 single-user HD DVR? (I assume it has a single output, but retains dual-tuner and OTA capabilities.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)