Echostar TR 40 ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

incognito2u

Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Long Island, New York.
Anyone have knowledge as to when the Echostar TR 40 digital to analog over-the-air receiver will become available for purchase? Searched this forum with negative results and when I call Dish, they have no clue as to what I am talking about!

They were unclear about when it would be available at CES.

Dish CSRs would not know; the product is not a dish network one; it is an Echostar product.

Thanks for all the response's!!!

This receiver seems to fit the Bill for all that still have analog TV's when the switch to Digital transmission occurs.
The fact that its only $39.99 for each receiver and we can get a $40.00 rebate coupon (2) make it a no brainer!

If I remember right they said some time in Febuary. I want to order a few too.

Source

CES: EchoStar to Sell $40 Digital TV Converters
The price will meet the federal government's coupon subsidy.
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (January 7, 2008) -- EchoStar today announced that it will sell a Digital TV converter box for $39.99.

At that price, consumers could buy a converter box with a $40 coupon provided by the federal government without having to spend their own money.

Other companies that have announced converter boxes have said they will cost around $60-70.

On February 17, 2009, all local broadcasters must switch their analog signals to digital which means viewers will need a Digital TV, a digital converter box or a pay TV subscription to watch television.

The federal government last week began accepting applications for $40 coupons for people to buy Digital TV converter boxes which will permit analog TVs to display the new digital signals. Americans are eligible for two coupons each.

EchoStar, the sister unit of DISH Network, said its TR-40 converter box will be available in "limited quantities in March and "unlimited quantities" in June.

In July, the company will introduce the TR-50 DVR converter box, which will include a Digital Video Recorder. Pricing for the TR-50 DVR will be established in the coming months, the company said.

Thanks for all the response's!!!

This receiver seems to fit the Bill for all that still have analog TV's when the switch to Digital transmission occurs.
The fact that its only $39.99 for each receiver and we can get a $40.00 rebate coupon (2) make it a no brainer!
Even better...the TR-40 is said to convert the digital Gemstar TV Guide on Screen so million of existing TVGOS devices depending on the analog TVGOS datastream will continue to operate.

The last I heard this item will not be available for salw till July. Does anyone have an update?

Perhaps I confused them. Sorry if I did. Thanks for the update.correction about March.

E* annouced during their last conference call that the TR40 would arrive in June and the TR50 would arrive in August. TR50 pricing is still not set but they are aiming to make a profit on it, unlike the TR40, so it should be a big step up from $39.99.

They were unclear about when it would be available at CES.

Dish CSRs would not know; the product is not a dish network one; it is an Echostar product.

true that. But that does not mean that Dish will not sell it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts