OTA With Rotator

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Hi, Folks,
I have a dilemma. I live in upstate Ny, 13815. roughly in the center of a triangle formed by Binghamton, Syracuse and Utica.
I have ordered an Antennas Direct 91XG for my digital reception. I am waiting for a local electronics guy to obtain a commercial grade pre-amp for me ( super low noise, high gain).
Just for grinns, I hooked my tv (a Polaroid 15 inch with ATSC tuner) to one of my ham antennas up on the tower and pointed it at Binghamton and scanned. I was amazed to find 3 or 4 digital channels, one was even in HD! I swung the array north to Syracuse and scanned and got a few more. I repeated the process with Utica and got 1. However, every time I re-scan, I lose the channels already in memory. My question is: how can I retain these channels without having to re-scan every time I want to watch a channel from a different area, short of getting 3 antennas and pre-amps?

Every tuner is different. What you MIGHT be able to do is scan while pointed in one location then go the other locations and ADD channels (not a rescan) that should leave them all in memory if your tuner is capable of this.

Most tuners do not ask for a zipcode.

My Tv tuner does not, and as far as I can tell, it does not offer the option to add channels.
So, I guess I'll just have to re-scan when I change areas.
Thanks for your input guys.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)