EchoStar Willing to Drop CBS in Dispute With Viacom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
can i cancel service

my 1 year isn't up until july. i am being told if i cancel they will charge me 250.00. i watch mtv, comedy central, and my daughter watches nick. if i cannot have these as an option should i not have the right to cancel?

nes said:
my 1 year isn't up until july. i am being told if i cancel they will charge me 250.00. i watch mtv, comedy central, and my daughter watches nick. if i cannot have these as an option should i not have the right to cancel?

You're equating the "law" with "fairness".

A common mistake..........

The law is NOT fair.

Your contract states that they have the right to drop programming without compensation. You therefore are SOL. That being said, feel free to call and complain. It might help them come up with a solution faster.

In the meantime, don't panic. Investors seem to think this will be over quick as E*'s stock price is about the only one today ACTUALLY going up, so smart money seems to predict this will not adversely affect the compnay in the long run. Hang in there, most shows are in reruns this week anyway......

BobMurdoch said:
You're equating the "law" with "fairness".

A common mistake..........

The law is NOT fair.

Your contract states that they have the right to drop programming without compensation. You therefore are SOL. That being said, feel free to call and complain. It might help them come up with a solution faster.

In the meantime, don't panic. Investors seem to think this will be over quick as E*'s stock price is about the only one today ACTUALLY going up, so smart money seems to predict this will not adversely affect the compnay in the long run. Hang in there, most shows are in reruns this week anyway......

yes but the contract also states that they have to give prior notice:
section 1.g of the customer agreement stating that they have to provide notice of pending channel changes.

They DID give prior notice.

Press releases announced the problem as did conversations on the Charlie Chats back in December.......

BobMurdoch said:
They DID give prior notice.

Press releases announced the problem as did conversations on the Charlie Chats back in December.......

They didn't announce the blackout until.... It happened! Alright, Maybe Charlie Chat, however, the only reason that I tuned into Charlie Chat was that I found out on Slashdot!

Yeah, well... that is kind of like that BS legal rule where you can post a notice in a size 2 font in a newspaper and satisfy the "public notification" rule when foreclosing, etc.

they have a mail feature on the receivers that could have been used to notify customers. they chose not to. as soon as i can get out of my contract i will. a couple of people i know called direct tv and they told them of their situation and direct tv has offered to pay their cancellation to switch.

If this stays like this what do you have to lose by trying Voom? no $$ down just 1 month of programming you may like it..I do,yest there are faults but it is improving..you can downgrade dish to basic +voom or cancel voom..nothing lost?

dlsnyder said:
Eventually they will work this thing out and if history is any indicator two things will almost undoubtedly happen.

One, when the Viacom channels come back they will include Nicktoons and Charlie will claim victory, saying "we were able to get additional programming from Viacom as a part of the deal" or something like that.

Two, we WILL be paying more for these channels before the end of the year. All that is at issue is how much of an increase will we see.

So far so good on the old crystal ball. Part one came true today - in spite of how much Charlie complained about being required to carry Nicktoons it was announced with "pride" that this channel will be added next month. Can an additional rate increase be far behind?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)