Echostar X NOW IN ORBIT! AND AQUIRED!

Everything I google on Echostar XI says it's slated for early 2007 delivery- has something recently changed? It has about 112 spot beams, presumably steerable.

Those of you with FTA/ Ku capability, the Boeing site says Wednesday's launch will be televised on AMC-1 at 103 degrees West longitude, on digital Ku-band
transponder: K 18 Upper 18 Mhz, Downlink Frequency: 12069 MHz Vertical, Data Rate: 18.295848, C: 3 / 4, sybol Rate: 13.235294, Tiernan 4:2:0, Audios: 6.2 and 6.8 cubcarriers: Program Mix Mono, Standard: 525 NTSC

Test Window: ( 5:45p - 6:15pm ET)
Live Broadcast: ( 6:15p - 8:30pm ET)

That information came from this Boeing site: http://www.boeing.com/nosearch/sealaunch/broadcast.html

navychop said:
Everything I google on Echostar XI says it's slated for early 2007 delivery- has something recently changed? It has about 112 spot beams, presumably steerable.

I also have never seen a launch date for the E-11 satellite for anything but early 2007 although I also have not seen anything on its spotbeams except postings on this and other forums. The FCC application indicates it is a DBS satellite and my guess is if it is a spotbeam satellite, its design will not be finalized until after E-10 is launched and operational. I could see this satellite being designed for both 129 W and another slot perhaps either 119 W or 148 W. It would first go to 129 W until the Ciel satellite is launched sometime in 2008. It would then move to its final location.

THings are really looking good :)

After a few days' delay, Mission Director Dan Dubbs declares all systems, all teammates and all environmental conditions are GO for launch. The Zenit-3SL rocket is rolled out of its protective hangar and erected on the launch pad. The countdown is active for another attempt.

Alright...who's the poor bastard who has to run out there to light the fuse!

Bob, you do it...
I ain't gonna do it!
Jerry , how 'bout you...I ain't gonna do it....;) :p :D

gpflepsen said:
Is that Russian?

sorry I'm slow yes it was Russian and that dude mest up the countenting when the chick said 4 that dude said 3 so their count was off just a little

Last edited:
There's a second language being spoken during the Mission Control chatter. The accent reminds me of Russian.

Everytime i hear that guy say that at 10min (w/e) the launch of the ecostar satillie. I just keep thinking he is going to say that it blew up lol. He has such a monotone that it always sounds bad

goaliebob99 said:
Were now IN geosynchronous orbit :)
I think it takes longer than this to get to geosynchronous orbit. I believe that was the insertion burn to geo.

My son wanted to know why we had to watch this:D I'm a bad Dad...:devil: