Echostars new satellite delayed.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As bad as hughesnet is something else has to be funding this satellite. No way imo they are doing it on their own.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish isn't even using all the ones that they have. EchoStar XXIII has been sitting in the 110W slot for months now not being used. I've been hoping that Dish would drop 129W and start using the newer EchoStar XXIII at 110W to make the western arc a two slot set-up the same as the 61.5/72.7 eastern arc deal. That would help me tremendously since I can't pick up 129!

EchoStar 23 at 109.9°W - LyngSat

Echostar 23 Relocates to 110W

HughesNet has large government contracts both military and civil. Most gas stations also use them for POS machines. The reason is their high security. It certainly NOT residential customers keeping the lights on!

HughesNet has large government contracts both military and civil. Most gas stations also use them for POS machines. The reason is their high security. It certainly NOT residential customers keeping the lights on!
Huh. I did not know that. It would be interesting to see how much funding comes from them.

Huh. I did not know that. It would be interesting to see how much funding comes from them.
I would say only 10% is actually residential!

I would say only 10% is actually residential!
It is higher than that. Even though it is not the greatest internet, it is internet. I know two installers personally that work sometimes 7 days a week, keeping up with new installs for Hughes and that is just in this area, multiply that by the entire US. Lots and lots of areas still not served by fiber. There is more rural areas in the US then in populated areas. Starlink has not taken over like they thought they would....yet.

It is higher than that. Even though it is not the greatest internet, it is internet. I know two installers personally that work sometimes 7 days a week, keeping up with new installs for Hughes and that is just in this area, multiply that by the entire US. Lots and lots of areas still not served by fiber. There is more rural areas in the US then in populated areas. Starlink has not taken over like they thought they would....yet.
In my area of far Eastern San Deigo County its ATT DSL at 12 mbs if your lucky they will bridge two together giving you a whopping mbs! T-Mobile has launched their G5 Home Internet. I installed one at a friends small business and he loves it at $50/month and speeds in the 125 mbs range. Starband was a joke and ViaSat is not trusted by many including all the P.O,S. credit card companies and government.

My one and only problem with Hughes has been its residential plans are overpriced and way under the general household use of 250 gb per month. I am so glad to hear they are growing. The more customers they have the more likely they can make better plans available. Which probably is from the lack of bandwidth and the need for another bird to balance the load.

In my area of far Eastern San Deigo County its ATT DSL at 12 mbs if your lucky they will bridge two together giving you a whopping mbs! T-Mobile has launched their G5 Home Internet. I installed one at a friends small business and he loves it at $50/month and speeds in the 125 mbs range. Starband was a joke and ViaSat is not trusted by many including all the P.O,S. credit card companies and government.

My one and only problem with Hughes has been its residential plans are overpriced and way under the general household use of 250 gb per month. I am so glad to hear they are growing. The more customers they have the more likely they can make better plans available. Which probably is from the lack of bandwidth and the need for another bird to balance the load.
P.S. I really wished DishNet would have kept HughesNet. I wonder what truly happened and did they really own all of it or just the residential?

P.S. I really wished DishNet would have kept HughesNet. I wonder what truly happened and did they really own all of it or just the residential?
Hughes was purchased by echostar in 2011 and in 2012 you could bundle your dish with Hughes net under the dishnet name. In 2017 with the gen5 launch they removed all bundles and went back to selling it strictly as Hughesnet, however dish techs can install and serve it.

Hughes has just doubled Data for the same price. 100GB for the about $89 a month and 200GB for about $125 a month

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Hughes was purchased by echostar in 2011 and in 2012 you could bundle your dish with Hughes net under the dishnet name. In 2017 with the gen5 launch they removed all bundles and went back to selling it strictly as Hughesnet, however dish techs can install and serve it.
I had thought Dish resold it. Good to know a Dish Tech can still work on them!