Hopper Plus has never worked, any ideas?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tagman31

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2020
PA
So I got upgraded to the hopper plus and a Joey 4. However the installer could never get the H+ to work, he spent over 3 hours trying, he even tried a new hopper plus. It gets to the dish boot screen, then the TV complains about the device being set to an unsupported resolution. When the TV does manage to pick up a signal, it’s just a bunch of yellow garbage on the screen. If you unhook the usb cable and reboot the H+, it will eventually throw the “something is wrong with the connection between the H+ and the hopper”. Plugging in the usb results in the reboot and yellow lines. It does show a brief dish boot screen, but it will eventually conk out and do the yellow corrupt display thing. It can’t be a hardware issue as this is a second device and both did the same thing. Any ideas??

It’s a Samsung QN90, I’ve tried a new hdmi cable, a new usb c cable, plugging it into a PC monitor (that’s usually the most tolerant display I have, it’ll even support weird DOS video modes and odd resolutions over HDMI, it refuses to do anything), and resetting the hopper 3. I left it overnight to see if it would do anything, woke up to it on the android boot screen. Got a little further, it still does the yellow garbage but I could see a little bit of a menu sometimes. I’ve told the hopper to redownload the atv files so we’ll see what happens.

Does anyone have a link to the USB update file creator? I’d like to force the hopper to update to H334, since it refuses to do it manually

nokia-astound-bus.jpg

Does anyone have a link to the USB update file creator? I’d like to force the hopper to update to H334, since it refuses to do it manually
It's hosted on Dish's server with access limited to Dish employees. It's a program that writes the file to the USB as something Rufus, et al does.
I'm not sure there's a way you can get it

What kind of TV is it?

Also I would try another HDMI cable since the Hopper Plus is trying to push 4K.

The Hopper Plus is one of DISH's worst releases that I can remember and I have been with them since the beginning. With that said I love the Joey 4 and Wireless Joey 4's.
I have one of the original wireless Joey's and it has basically been trouble free.
What are the advantages of the joey 4 & wireless joey 4 units?
I am in the final stages of a room addition and will be adding a tv.
Will a wireless signal pass thru an outside brick wall to reach this room?

Reactions: charlesrshell
It’s a Samsung QN90, I’ve tried a new hdmi cable, a new usb c cable, plugging it into a PC monitor (that’s usually the most tolerant display I have, it’ll even support weird DOS video modes and odd resolutions over HDMI, it refuses to do anything), and resetting the hopper 3. I left it overnight to see if it would do anything, woke up to it on the android boot screen. Got a little further, it still does the yellow garbage but I could see a little bit of a menu sometimes. I’ve told the hopper to redownload the atv files so we’ll see what happens.
Can you check the HDR settings on the TV and see if changing them has any impact on getting video from HopperPlus to display?

Can you check the HDR settings on the TV and see if changing them has any impact on getting video from HopperPlus to display?
It does the same thing when a 720p set is plugged into it and a PC monitor. The TV never switched to HDR either.

I have one of the original wireless Joey's and it has basically been trouble free.
The Joey 4's support Android TV apps and HDR.

I have one outside about 45 feet from the transmitter and it works fine. So I would think it would get through brick fine.

I have a WJ4 in my garage about 30' from the WAP going thru a thick wall. The WAP signal strength to the WJ4 is running from 23 to 29 and no issues.

Reactions: TheKrell
Update: H+ still doesn’t work. It’s currently still plugged in to its USB port, but it’s acting as a support for a clock. At least it’s good for something.

I was unaware of the H334 update I am on H333. Last time I tried to force an update I was looking for a sledgehammer.

As far as the plus? My smart TV was working just as well if not better. It's a great concept with many problems. I believe its failures are from cost cutting in development because Dish thinks an all-streaming service is the direction most will go to.

I was unaware of the H334 update I am on H333. Last time I tried to force an update I was looking for a sledgehammer.

As far as the plus? My smart TV was working just as well if not better. It's a great concept with many problems. I believe its failures are from cost cutting in development because Dish thinks an all-streaming service is the direction most will go to.
The newest is 338

I haven't tried to update yet to 338. DISH is too busy if I have call for any issues that might appear.
Actually, tech support was so busy yesterday it said we cant take your call! I called back at midnight and was answered instantly. I was calling to get a tech out to help repoint my dish. 129w was only at 10% and my new to me Birdogs are not programed correctly. It also says my LNB is bad. They are unable to charge me so free visit. They refer the request to a support team and the driver calls you that morning. Appointment was in 48 hours.