Hopper Plus has never worked, any ideas?

If anyone cares, I still don't have a functional hopper plus. I figured I'd give an update. My hopper 3 is also still stuck on 333. Is there a way to force the hopper to update, like a recovery mode of some sort. I wish Dish would make these updates available to the end user on a USB. If there are any techs out there that would want to mail me a USB image or even a drive with the latest Hopper 3 FW, I would have a Venmo or PayPal to make it worth your while...

It will update automatically on its own when it's targeted. However in diagnostics screen under tools there's an option that says upgrade software. That will force it to update. It will reset and once it resets leave it in standby as well as any connected Joeys and after a few minutes it will start downloading.

As far as your plus goes, It should work fine with the current 333 software. is it connected properly? Plus will have its own power supply, then a usb cable that connects to your hopper3 and then you move the hdmi from hopper3 to hopper plus. Also you can call dish and have a tech come back out and get you going. They will also be able to replace anything if it needs replaced. By the sounds of it, that will be likely.