Edit/Remove Channels?

ndennis

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Southern US
I cannot find out how to remove channels on my AZBox Premium HD.

This box suffers from the same problem I've had with every other box I've had. That is, it just appends new channels to the end of the list. It does not try to organize (insert) them according to the satellite. Unless I'm missing something?

Thanks,

Dennis

press ok to bring up channel list
find the channel you want to do something with
press "menu"

scroll down to delete and press OK to delete channel
move lets you move the channel

press ok to bring up channel list
find the channel you want to do something with
press "menu"

scroll down to delete and press OK to delete channel
move lets you move the channel

I found that screen by accident once or twice but never knew how to get it back.

I do not see a "move" option. But I did delete some channels.

When I do figure out how to move a channel, can we move more than one channel at once?

I'm thinking I may want to download and edit these files.

Thanks,

Dennis

if you scroll down after pressing menu it is there...move & rename are options but have to scroll down

Got it, thanks again.

Yes,

The list of options for editing channels in the MENU are on more than one page, so when you scroll down to the end of the first page, it automatically wraps to the next page of options. Options such as rename, move, add to favorites, delete, etc. are all here on one of these pages.

Lock
Skip
Delete
Insert HD Flag
Fixed Interlace On
Rename
MOVE
dd to Genre
Add to Provider
Add to Country
Add to Favorite

Just a sidenote:
What I really would like to see is an option to edit the "orbital position" of the satellite itself, so that if you want to make a slight adjustment to the sat's position in USALS, you could do this easily. i.e. if the sat is at 72.0 W and you want to make a slight tweak to this one satellite without affecting any others, you could edit this information so that 72.0W becomes 72.3 W. That would be very nice, but I haven't found how to do this without completely erasing and re-entering that one sat.

RADAR

Last edited:
Press OK then get to the Satellite option and press the blue button. I think that will adjust the satellites for you.

Dennis,

Actually, all that does is reorder the satellites in your list to ascending or decending order. i.e. 121, 123, 127, 129 OR 129, 127, 123, 121 etc.

A very nice tool to order the sats, especially if they are listed like this: 72.0, 123.0, 83.0, 97.0, 101.0, 63.0 and you want the order to appear more logical than hap-hazard.
That was not what I was looking for in this instance, however.

Thanks, though.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)