EDIT?

Status

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Pub Member / Supporter
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Did not know for sure where to post this, so here it is. What is the "time limit" to edit one of your posts. I have noticed the "edit post" link on a new post but not on one that has been there for several hours. What gives? Thought you should be able to correct anytime.:confused:

RT.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
It is a pretty short window intentionally, so people can't go in and rewrite a post after the fact.

If you need a correction, report the post with the needed change and the staff will fix it. We can edit it anytime. :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
moved thread to the operations area

but as rocky mentioned it is a short time....15 minutes I think (or maybe its up to 30)

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
It is a pretty short window intentionally, so people can't go in and rewrite a post after the fact.

If you need a correction, report the post with the needed change and the staff will fix it. We can edit it anytime. :)

would you be able to correct about 16k of them?? ;)

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Pub Member / Supporter
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA

Well, I see your point. As has been stated before, everywhere: What goes to the internet, stays there until the internet dies.

You would... :)
Sir Robert Thomas says: "Meow, nice kitty."

RT.

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
... Not enough time to edit IMO. What's the reasoning behind it, other than exercising control?

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Actually the current time (according to the settings....) is

Regular Members - 90 Minutes
Pub Members - 360 Minutes

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
I'd like to see pub members get unlimited time to edit. Then if that power is abused, you can string 'em up and teach 'em a lesson!

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I just made a classified ad for several items for sale, and I wanted to edit the post as I sold them so the old items would not be displayed.
That forum could warrant a different edit time, I agree. Not sure if the software allows different settings like that though.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
The edit times here are generally at least as long and often longer than other sites I post at. I would not be in favor of unlimited amount of time for posts, something like classifieds excepted. I think what we have now is enough actually. What good is posting something and two days later changing it? It's bad enough some people don't remember what they actually posted now, we don't need to revise history.

Reactions: JSheridan
Status

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)