EDIT?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Did not know for sure where to post this, so here it is. What is the "time limit" to edit one of your posts. I have noticed the "edit post" link on a new post but not on one that has been there for several hours. What gives? Thought you should be able to correct anytime.:confused:

RT.

It is a pretty short window intentionally, so people can't go in and rewrite a post after the fact.

If you need a correction, report the post with the needed change and the staff will fix it. We can edit it anytime. :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

moved thread to the operations area

but as rocky mentioned it is a short time....15 minutes I think (or maybe its up to 30)

It is a pretty short window intentionally, so people can't go in and rewrite a post after the fact.

If you need a correction, report the post with the needed change and the staff will fix it. We can edit it anytime. :)

would you be able to correct about 16k of them?? ;)

Well, I see your point. As has been stated before, everywhere: What goes to the internet, stays there until the internet dies.

You would... :)
Sir Robert Thomas says: "Meow, nice kitty."

RT.

... Not enough time to edit IMO. What's the reasoning behind it, other than exercising control?

I'd like to see pub members get unlimited time to edit. Then if that power is abused, you can string 'em up and teach 'em a lesson!

I just made a classified ad for several items for sale, and I wanted to edit the post as I sold them so the old items would not be displayed.
That forum could warrant a different edit time, I agree. Not sure if the software allows different settings like that though.

The edit times here are generally at least as long and often longer than other sites I post at. I would not be in favor of unlimited amount of time for posts, something like classifieds excepted. I think what we have now is enough actually. What good is posting something and two days later changing it? It's bad enough some people don't remember what they actually posted now, we don't need to revise history.

Reactions: JSheridan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)